Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
They're not mine. Thought one of my fellow CEGer's could use these.

Good price to!

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
If someone needs rear calipers this sounds good. Remember that they will also fit any Contique that came with rear disc brakes.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Rear disc is rear disc.

Don't pay more because someone listed them as "SVT"

Also if you have drums don't expect to be able to switch without a lot more parts. (See how to)

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
B
B
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Rear disc is rear disc.

Also if you have drums don't expect to be able to switch without a lot more parts. (See how to)

lol This "someone" did list them as SVT because they are 100% just that. They auctally came off the assembly line. 2 of my friends auctally used to work on the line. Which is why they are fully loaded and even have the flex lines. The dealer would never order all those parts plus for both sides. You are right tho. Alot of people on ebay are full of crap.

Also deamon since you are local. You are more then welcome to stop by and see them for yourself. I am fairly sure they were all ind numbered. If look from the top of the caliper. Back where the break pad clip is. There should be an ENGRAVED 4 digit number. Not the raised 4 digit number behind it that would be either 8344 or 8357.

Last edited by BassnTruck; 01/10/05 12:35 AM.
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by BassnTruck:
Rear disc is rear disc.

lol This "someone" did list them as SVT because they are 100% just that. They auctally came off the assembly line. 2 of my friends auctally used to work on the line. Which is why they are fully loaded and even have the flex lines. The dealer would never order all those parts plus for both sides. You are right tho. Alot of people on ebay are full of crap.

Also deamon since you are local. You are more then welcome to stop by and see them for yourself. I am fairly sure they were all ind numbered. If look from the top of the caliper. Back where the break pad clip is. There should be an ENGRAVED 4 digit number. Not the raised 4 digit number behind it that would be either 8344 or 8357.

That's all very nice, but there is NO SUCH THING AS A CONTOUR SVT SPECIFIC REAR BRAKE SETUP. End of story, and I bet you ANYTHING, that you cannot disprove this. All Contours with rear disc brakes got the exact-same rear brake components.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
What the hell is a break caliper?

-06 GTO Torrid Red/M6 -98 LS with BPU -05 Honda Odyssey EX-L mv .zig ..\for\great\.justice
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Originally posted by BassnTruck:
Rear disc is rear disc.

The misinformation you are spreading is too much. Please stop. CSVT rear rotors/calipers are the SAME EXACT setup as any other Contour, with rear disk.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
B
B
Well you might be correct then. But these were supposed to be put on an svt model. I had no idea they were the same as any other. Either case it is still a good deal. Sorry for my misinformation.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
There may be one very slight difference. The SVT front and rear rotors were Dacromat treated while the non SVT was not. The front and rear SVT calipers were also Dacromat treated but I don't remember if the non SVT ones were or not.

Dacromat is a nearly silver (slightly yellow, perhaps more like titanium) colored finish.

Other wise, the rear brakes are the same. I'm pretty sure that they even use the same rear brake pads.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard