Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I
OP Offline
I
Ok i want to thank everyone who has helped. I just have one more question will the cables from a mtx car work on you atx. I mean chris and Alex has done this but i have a ATX. is there a differnce in the cables and what not. i just want to make sure. Thanks

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by friction:
[QUOTE]But, if you ever get your UIM off, take a dremel and grind out the bumps inside the port, good for at least a HP or two.
Just a thought
-Chris
Heh..Heh.......
Chris and I speak from experience....
We must thank Shaun "dremel king" Parks. He also countersank the bolts on the butterfly valve as well. laugh

Also, my 95 has Traction Control. I know that if I switch to the SVT TB I'll lose the TC. Is there anyway to switch to the SVT TB and retain my TC? Can I rig something up.....or can somebody (Terry Haines, Brad Noon....) manufacture something that will allow me to retain the TC. My exhaust is free flowing now and I need to get more air in. I'm looking into the SVT TB and UIM and LIM........

Help me please...if you guys can create the part for me I'll show it off at Spring Zing!!!

95 Mystique LS Young America edition, V6, MTX, Yeah...it's stock. Now with new underhood wiring!!! My Profile
Moderator of the Florida Contour Enthusiast Group
B
B
You will need a new cable, cable bracket, accordian boot (some people have stretched the old one over, but it's REAL tight), TPS sensor plug, the TB (duh) and the gasket. If you have traction control you might need to get rid of that too...Earlier cars had a "mechanical" system that has an 8 foot long cable and motor assembly that you ditch in favor of the new stuff.
I'd call Bill Jenkins to get the exact info. He sells alot of these kits and knows exactly what you are going to need. I had mine installed in about 1 1/2 hours... Good luck!

I
OP Offline
I
Thanks for your help Alex

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard