Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Huh, on a 95 at least, SVT TB is good for 12hp eek at 3750 rpms...and I think that is with the stock uim...

Nough said.

Marco Tatta
98.5 SE MTX, Duratec
EGR block, fog light
fix, custom shift boot, monsterflow intake, Ecotek valve
Quasi dual cardoctor exhaust.
Hacksaw short shift, Momo race "s" carbon knob, ghetto rear strut bar, 16 inch cougar wheels with 225/50/16 kumho 712s
I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by mangler:
Huh, on a 95 at least, SVT TB is good for 12hp eek at 3750 rpms...and I think that is with the stock uim...

Nough said.
Humm sorry buddy its more like 1-2Hp not 12. :rolleyes:

D
D
Quote:
Cool Thanks for the info guys. Now does Any SVT owners have a T/Bs for sale.
I have a spare (unmodified) SVT t.body with TIPS for say $85 including shipping. PM me if interested.

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)
Stock SVT Duratec V6 with:
Intake- K&N filter/75mm MAF meter
Exhaust- MSDS Y-pipe/Bassani catback
Durability-Ford "dual mode" damper, Mobil 1/K&N oil filter
179.2 FWHP at 6900 RPM
B
B
I'm w/Marco on this one. It's WAY more than 1-2 hp. Easy mod to do, instructions are here: http://www.contour.org/mods/mods.cgi?s=howto&display=svttb
You do know that the main page of contour.org has LOTS of info on it right?
Call Bill Jenkins to get the parts. He knows exactly what you are going to need in addition to the TB. It works better if you already have an intake on the car..sounds cool too! HTH

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Bicycle019:
I'm w/Marco on this one. It's WAY more than 1-2 hp. Easy mod to do, instructions are here: http://www.contour.org/mods/mods.cgi?s=howto&display=svttb
You do know that the main page of contour.org has LOTS of info on it right?
Call Bill Jenkins to get the parts. He knows exactly what you are going to need in addition to the TB. It works better if you already have an intake on the car..sounds cool too! HTH
You know there is a site that has the dyno on this info and Hp gain right, here take a look for yourself. A SE with just a KKM adds a peak gain of 6.1hp. then when you add a SVT TB it goes to 7.5 gain. so you do the math and tell me what you come up with. Heres the site with Info on it

D
D
Actually, you both could be correct. With a near stock Duratec like the example with the KKM only, I expect gains are minimal. But as you start opening up exhaust, headers, SVT intake manifolds, etc. the smaller t.body may become a real bottleneck so if it is changed after all these mods apparent gains may be substantial.

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)
Stock SVT Duratec V6 with:
Intake- K&N filter/75mm MAF meter
Exhaust- MSDS Y-pipe/Bassani catback
Durability-Ford "dual mode" damper, Mobil 1/K&N oil filter
179.2 FWHP at 6900 RPM
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
Actually, you both could be correct. With a near stock Duratec like the example with the KKM only, I expect gains are minimal. But as you start opening up exhaust, headers, SVT intake manifolds, etc. the smaller t.body may become a real bottleneck so if it is changed after all these mods apparent gains may be substantial.
but still, the bottle neck is the size of the port opening in the manifold. I mean, you may get a couple HP by opening the path to it, but it still has to go through that hard opening, unless you opened it up with a grinder or something, which, now that I'm thinking about it, wouldn't be TOO hard to do.... just open up the gasket as well. (sorry about the run-on). In all honesty you might gain the extra 1-2 HP by just grinding out those mad bumps in the port and saving the $85 you would've spent on the T/B for something else. I think I have a picture from the October Meet where we did it on my UIM, I'll try and find it and post it later

-Chris

Chris Hinds
AIM:CJ111010
1998 Contour GL Duratec 5-Spd
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
And I payed for it all myself
M
M
Kevin, check the whole graph not just the peak gains...

Note that the 12.5 hp quoted was NOT at peak power...But I did deduct the normal gains from the KKM (not exactly right, but gives a better idea of the tb only gains). I still think the results are very impressive...

Marco Tatta
98.5 SE MTX, Duratec
EGR block, fog light
fix, custom shift boot, monsterflow intake, Ecotek valve
Quasi dual cardoctor exhaust.
Hacksaw short shift, Momo race "s" carbon knob, ghetto rear strut bar, 16 inch cougar wheels with 225/50/16 kumho 712s
L
Administrator
Administrator
L
Quote:
Originally posted by friction:
just open up the gasket as well.
-Chris
Actually, just buy the SVT TB gasket! You'll want a new gasket anyway.

-Lance

Lance Kinley
CEG Webmaster
95SE, "Official CEG Beater"
Quaife, SVT parts, ST200 wheels, SS Y-pipe
I perceive you to be a stand-up, rational individual...
B
B
I-Dom-In-8 - have you done this mod yet? No? Well then listen to someone who has. It makes a BIG difference in how the car drives. More HP and an earlier opening throttle. I know that the manifold is not as large as the TB (hence the reason I added the SVT manifold later) BUT the stock TB is smaller than the hole in the stock manifold. Don't forget about the area that the butterfly takes up...
Unfortunatly I did not dyno this mod seperatly from other mods I did, but on the butt dyno the TB and the SVT upper manifold were the two best mods yet...

Alex in Boulder, CO
95SE MTX
157hp 151tq before latest mods...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard