Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Z
zzzcool Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
These two cars suppose to be the import frighter ,wondering if people are buying them .

T
I have no life
I have no life
T

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I've read somewhere that Ford is altering the production plans to increase the number of Freestyles being built. A neighbor of mine has one...he said that they had wanted to trade in their Windstar for a new Windstar, but liked the FS better. He did give me a rather blank look when I asked if he had opted for the CVT transmission, though. I thought it was funny that he didn't know what I was talking about.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
not to be an asz, but maybe the blank stare was because the FS only comes with the CVT, hence there is no option for it.

Assault Towers Wakeboard towers and accessories www.assaulttowers.com
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I have personally sold 3 Montegos. They are doing quite well. Problem is here we do not order many AWD models. And would'nt you know that we have been dealer trading for AWD for 2 months. Makes you wonder who orders the cars for our dealership.

I think it's a great car for the money. Wait until you sit in one and check out the interior room. And that trunk will hold almost anything. Even though the car is really huge IMHO, it drives like a small car.

Plus standard HID and LED tail lamps make for good lighting.

Bill Jenkins I am moving to Team Ford as of 08/01/05 (www.teamfordlv.com). I will post new info when it's ready.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by 98cont-UoG-FSAE:
not to be an asz, but maybe the blank stare was because the FS only comes with the CVT, hence there is no option for it.

Well, whaddaya know...I thought it had the 6-speed too, like the 500. Learn something new everyday!

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Have yet to see either of these cars on the road here in California. What suprises me is that the dealers look to be having a harder time seeling the new Mustang GT's. One dealer this last weekend listed 5 GT's-in stock with no dealer mark up in the local paper.

Not long before the rebates start.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Have yet to see either of these cars on the road here in California. What suprises me is that the dealers look to be having a harder time seeling the new Mustang GT's. One dealer this last weekend listed 5 GT's-in stock with no dealer mark up in the local paper.

thats funny because around here you cant buy a GT - period. They just dont have them. My local dealer has had 1 GT in the past 4 months and its the demo car. Theve only had 3 other but V6 cars. The 500 is also hard to get around here.

(ps - Are the freestyle and 500 selling well)

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Horse:
Originally posted by Fmr12B:

thats funny because around here you cant buy a GT - period. They just dont have them. My local dealer has had 1 GT in the past 4 months and its the demo car. Theve only had 3 other but V6 cars. The 500 is also hard to get around here.

(ps - Are the freestyle and 500 selling well)

PSS - See above

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I see a few Freestyles on the road, more popular in fact than the name I confuse it with: Freestar.

500s are dotted throughout the city, but I haven't seen any Montegos on the road yet and I really like it much better than the 500. Those HIDs and LED tails speak a lot.

Mustang GTs are as rare as Ferraris around here. There's four V6 ATs on the lot, and all are yellow and all have no spoiler. The one GT demo car that was out there was silver MT and talking to one of the sales associates revealed that the car already had built up 11,000 miles as a demo, and some guy still walked in and talked the manager into paying $9000 over sticker.

Talk about the desire to have the first one.

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard