Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Ferret II:

Apparently the mechanic (who the manager says has 20 years experience and is a "master mechanic")

He couldn't tell the difference between a blown engine and one that is flooded?

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
F
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
Originally posted by Ferret II:

Apparently the mechanic (who the manager says has 20 years experience and is a "master mechanic")

He couldn't tell the difference between a blown engine and one that is flooded?

So the story goes, though it's incredibly hard to believe, isn't it? I've even gone so far as to roll a pet conspiracy theory around in my little traumatized brain -I'm probably still a little bit deranged from thinking for three long days that Ferret II had a "dead engine". Glad to say the Ferret still runs like a champ!! Lynn

Lynn '95 Contour SE MTX, electric red, "Ferret II"
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Glad to here everything worked out, and one less contique is in the bones yard!

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
F
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by ScottK:
Originally posted by spgoode:
Wow! A true female Contour enthusiast, you are almost as rare as a dodo bird.
Welcome to CEG. What took you so long in finding this site?

She's been around longer than most people here, at least on the mailing list. I remember when she lost Ferret 1 to a hit and run over like 3 or 4 years ago IIRC?

I got a great laugh out of your dodo bird analogy, Rod! LOL. I think it's called the dodo because it's a bird that can't fly . Scott recalls correctly that I began posting a few years back on the CEG listserve about my wonderful '95 SE the Cherry Ferret - same color, make, model year as Ferret II, but with cloth interior, a tape deck, and no sun roof (I got both ferrets in early to mid-30s mileage range). But Cherry Ferret was a Washington-raised car so in even a tiche better shape overall than Ferret II (who was driven initially in Ohio, where there's more snow)... *sigh*. The Cherry Ferret was the first car I went out and found for myself, having inherited and finally, for the last one, purchased, three Datsun 210s from my dad. He maintained a whole fleet of B-210s and 210s with rebuilt engines for our family members and friends (he was a depression-raised Scotsman and loved to beat the sytem of dealerships) in the late 70s and 80s.

Can you imagine what it was like going from a Datsun 210 to a '95 Contour SE?? When I test drove the Cherry Ferret I felt like I was riding in a big, powerful pink cloud! I went right home and got on the web and found the CEG site and info/pics of the Duratec engine, posts about how fun these cars are, and pics of Contour gatherings (pretty cars all in a line), and called the woman and said please sell it to me! Another guy tried to talk her into selling to him, but she wouldn't.

I come from a family of backyard car mechanics. My brother built an MGB more than two decades ago, and still has it. I wish I'd learned more about cars back then. I did very little. I remember getting caught out on the street in front of our house wearing a bikini (believe me, that was awhile back!) while changing the brakes on my Volvo, when the hunk who'd been our high school football captain walked by. I also recall being out in the shop during a college break at 3am (after returning from a wild party) cleaning the oil pan in my old "Fliat", which my brother (and my girlfriend) had torn apart for a rebuild. Both brother and I went back to college and it was several months til he put it back together - quite a feat! Ah... the good old days...

Having lost the Cherry Ferret to a hit and run driver, a teen who was high and driving his grandma's behemoth (a 1988 Oldsmobile, which also totalled my husband's Suburban) was partially why I was so traumatized thinking Ferret II had also been destroyed in his prime, but in even weirder, more pointless circumstances. But it wasn't true!!

I sure appreciate having the list and this website. I didn't post on the web here for a long time because I was avoiding figuring out how to register and post . I've certainly lurked around, but in my desperation through this maintenance nightmare I've become much more familiar with the site... so, there's always a silver lining!!
Lynn & Ferret II

Lynn '95 Contour SE MTX, electric red, "Ferret II"
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Lol Cherry Ferret. That is funny.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard