Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1142473 02/24/05 11:50 PM
T
Highly Medicated Member
OP Offline
Highly Medicated Member
T
Actually I do not love hovering over the ban button. It does not at all make me feel like a god. Frankly it makes me feel disliked. It is in fact the one thing I loath about being a moderator. This is not a complaint, but like all responsibilities, there are some negatives. Banning someone is absolutely a negative. Particulary when it's someone I like or tend to agree with. It means I've had to thoroughly read a thread I probably wouldn't have otherwise paid attention too. It means I wasted time dealing with someone or something that is unnecessary.

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
#1142474 02/25/05 02:52 AM
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Trapps:
More banned today. Vets and newbs. The BS will stop. a bunch of people will be banned

i realize we don't get a vote in this but if we did i would persoanlly prefer we ban the trouble makers and keep the ci forum. just my opinion.

btw trapps, good job on the discipline...i find it refreshing

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
#1142475 02/25/05 03:03 AM
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Very true mark... most of my Reply iwht the "banned button" was more so in good fun. In some manner, it's like booting a freind out of the car, in th ecold rain, and driving off. Kinda depressing, I suppose. Good job, your decisions are what keep this place alive, donm't feel regretful about that.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
#1142476 03/01/05 09:41 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Geeze, why not just ban everyone, that will make your job so much easier now wouldn't it? Some things people just take way to seriously. Everyone gets all hurt over minor bull and suddenly people start getting banned. If this place is becoming such a pain in the ass for people to deal with, perhaps it's time for Lance to finally carry out his threat and disband the Common Interests forum, if not the entire CEG.

Milan gets let back in and other people get banned for seemingly Mickey Mouse reasons, seems to me the CEG is becoming more like Kamp Krusty with Jimbo, Dolph, and Kearny as counselors.

I know I run the risk of being banned for posting this but I'm just calling it as I see it.

#1142477 03/02/05 10:57 PM
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by PackRat:
Geeze, why not just ban everyone, that will make your job so much easier now wouldn't it? Some things people just take way to seriously. Everyone gets all hurt over minor bull and suddenly people start getting banned. If this place is becoming such a pain in the ass for people to deal with, perhaps it's time for Lance to finally carry out his threat and disband the Common Interests forum, if not the entire CEG.

Milan gets let back in and other people get banned for seemingly Mickey Mouse reasons, seems to me the CEG is becoming more like Kamp Krusty with Jimbo, Dolph, and Kearny as counselors.

I know I run the risk of being banned for posting this but I'm just calling it as I see it.

Banning anyone comes with conflict. Newbies get all pissed and start cussing at the power hungry moderators, old timer's bring up the old times and wonder how you could ever ban them... loose-loose situation. Believe me, I'm one of the hardest people to convince to keep the CI forums.

It's not really what you do that gets you banned, it's what you get caught doing that can get you banned. That's really the only reason why some people get banned and others don't for doing the same things (or worse). People get let back in when they learn their lesson or otherwise make ammends, so don't judge unless you know the whole story.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
#1142478 06/03/05 01:18 PM
T
Highly Medicated Member
OP Offline
Highly Medicated Member
T
As of 6/3/05 Warnings will now be public in CI. Pay close attention to Rules #7 & #8. Interperet those to include instigating, perpetuating or participating in a Flame dialogue as a rule violation and will get you banned.

T
Highly Medicated Member
OP Offline
Highly Medicated Member
T
Date ajustment

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard