Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Hey everyone. I know it is way early, but the Canyon Run "05" will be here before we know it. I want to make this event multi-state, springs zing for the SW kind of thing. We have had a great turn out the last two years for Canyon Run "03" 11 cars and even better for "04" 14 cars. Ask anyone that came to "04" and they will tell you it's a good time. The date will be in May as always:
May 21-22
I know many of you have to plan your vacations for work at the beginning of the year, that's why I am posting now. If there is enough interest, I will plan more events for the weekend. Auto X or something else. I have all the connections needed to pull this event off. I am willing to put in the leg work and get hotel rooms at discounted rates for all.
Please let me know if you are interested. Hope to see everyone in the SW in May. -B.
Please post reply's in SW forum.

1998 SVT With a few mod's RACECAR IS RACECAR BACKWORDS ! #970 of 2395 Black/blue *****FOR SALE*****
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Hotel Rates??? You mean I can't just crash with you?!?!?! I'm insulted.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
What's usually involved with the Canyon Run? (Also read: "Is there anything for my wife to do?")

92 Talon TSi AWD DSM= Daily Scheduled Maintenence
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
i am going to put in for it on friday. sounds fun.

99' SVT #811 of 2760 Born on january, 12, 1999. "This may have been his only shot at number one, but he just sucks on so many levels that I couldnā??t even let him win a contest of suckiness."
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
My wife goes and takes pictures. If need be, I live in the springs and all the wife -e- and girl-friends can stay here at my casa doing girl -e- things like shopping and such. They are more then welcome to come on the run. Also, the hotel has a pool and shopping around here is very good. Hotel rooms will be in Pueblo, much cheaper then the Springs. I grew up in Pueblo, so I know the good spots of town. The event is SW Colorado, Front range, I-25 area, if that helps.

Canyon Run is an all day event. Start's early in the morning and goes till 5pm or so, driving through the Colorado Rockies. There is a plained pit stop and many sites to see. It is an awesome trip. This year, Sunday will be a-go-and-see event. Pikes Peak; Sand Dunes of CO; Cave of the Winds; Seven falls. There are so many great things to go see if you have never seen them before. An auto X is not out of the question, but I do try to make all events free, for people that are driving a long way, dont have to spend so much cash. thanks for the questions, keep them coming. -B.
PS: My wife wants to do a spa day with all the ladies ! She loves to spend money. lol

Last edited by BlackwidowSVTT; 12/22/04 11:23 PM.

1998 SVT With a few mod's RACECAR IS RACECAR BACKWORDS ! #970 of 2395 Black/blue *****FOR SALE*****
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
My wife actually suggested that I go with my buddy Joel, or by myself to the next canyon run...

She never lets me go anywhere by myself. LOL

92 Talon TSi AWD DSM= Daily Scheduled Maintenence
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
im intrested

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:

I crashed at Hotel Randy last year. Actually, it was Hotel Randy's (gracious) Parents. Top notch!

I'll see if I can make it out there for the run. The next semester ends on May 5th. (don't know how long the break is...a week probably). I'll see if I have a suitable replacement for the SVT by then. You think a pink Vespa will hang in the corners?

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Derk2000:

You think a pink Vespa will hang in the corners?

Plato, your more then welcome to sleep with the dogs on the floor. I charge more then a hotel room for a bed. lol !

Derk, bring your future vespa, a little nitrous, and your set to break 40mph ! lol You better bring that sexy, slammed, silver SVT. Maybe with a 3L,

I am hoping to see a few if not all Utah people make it over. There is plenty of time for you all to plan a trip to CO. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. -B.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by BlackwidowSVTT:
The date will be in May as always:
May 21-22

I think it would be great. . .

Ill keep it in mind - hopefully like derek ill be selling my main ride right now - but im working on a funner one.

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
I'll see if I have a suitable replacement for the SVT by then. You think a pink Vespa will hang in the corners?

I'm selling my SVT, along with my manhood, and sense of fun.

You are dead to me Derek.

I don't think I'll be in Colorado during this time, but I do have to come out to pick up my bike. hmmmmm.... Maybe I could time my trip just right.

The canyon run is good fun. Make sure you have good brakes! Fade was a-plenty for my brake last year.

99 SE Sport SilverFrost MTX 01 F4i Red/White My mom says I shouldn't talk to conservatives.
A
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
A
Randy,

I'm there. We should also talk to PMI, maybe we could arrange a track event (either Drag or Road Course). Are you planning the same route as last year? I will definitely be there.

Shoot me an email at fsmtnbiker@gmail.com - I want to discuss the Canyon Run a little further and run some ideas past you, and hear what you've got planned.

You coming to the meeting next Tuesday (11th)?

Chris 92 SHO - White/Black 5 sp. Konis - Eibachs - 12" Cobra Brakes SS Brake Lines - Al Subframe Bushings Gauge Pod - Autometer Phantom Gauges
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
gonna try too. I have to wait and see what the weather is going to be like on the 11th. I dont like driving my car in snow or any wet weather just because I dont have traction under boost and my car rides 2in off the ground. lol I do hope to make it though. I will keep you informed.
The Canyon Run : It will be close to the same run as last year. I dont like going to far off that path because I know law enforcment is low on this run. Minus the motor cycle cops lol That was funny as hell ! Anyways, I will give you a email if I cant make it to the meeting. -B.

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
just a thought, maybee an event on the western slope would work. That way there would be less of an excuse for our Utahinan firends to come?

99' SVT #811 of 2760 Born on january, 12, 1999. "This may have been his only shot at number one, but he just sucks on so many levels that I couldnā??t even let him win a contest of suckiness."
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Dionysus:
I'll see if I have a suitable replacement for the SVT by then. You think a pink Vespa will hang in the corners?

I'm selling my SVT, along with my manhood, and sense of fun.

Just wait until I get my polkadot SmartCar with 18" spinners to the canyon run and see who has lost his sense of fun Mr. IhaveAfastMotorCyclebutNeverShowUpToMeets

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
Y
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Y
Sounds like I should have my car done by there.... Hmm... so much pressure

Jason 1992 Ford Taurus SHO 1995 Ford Taurus SHO - Supercharged
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B

Just wait until I get my polkadot SmartCar with 18" spinners to the canyon run and see who has lost his sense of fun Mr. IhaveAfastMotorCyclebutNeverShowUpToMeets

Well at least you would show up ! I dont care what you bring, it should be your awesome Contour, but whatever you want, just dont buy an old man car Derk !

I know..... The western slope would be cool, but have you ever been there ??? lol Sorry, it is boring for Canyon Carving. I used to live in Montrose CO. I like the eastern front, thank you. If people are having a hard time coming up with money, they can kick it on the floor at my pad. Max is 15 people though. I have a finshed basement that I dont even use. I really dont need this 3,100sq home. But hey, the wife likes the room to grow into. Dang girl!
I got my wish though, kinda, I wanted a three car garage and that did not happend, only two. So the truck is parked out front, poor thing !

Believe me, this Canyon Run is well worth the trip and I will make sure the UT people are taken care of. Any AZ and NM people too. NM people would be really close to Pueblo since it is in the south-east. Come on everyone, it would be cool to post a large event in the SW next to the SZ05 in the east. I hope many of you can make it. -B.

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by BlackwidowSVTT:

Well at least you would show up ! I dont care what you bring, it should be your awesome Contour, but whatever you want, just dont buy an old man car Derk !

I know..... The western slope would be cool, but have you ever been there ??? lol Sorry, it is boring for Canyon Carving. I used to live in Montrose CO. I like the eastern front, thank you. If people are having a hard time coming up with money, they can kick it on the floor at my pad. Max is 15 people though. I have a finshed basement that I dont even use. I really dont need this 3,100sq home. But hey, the wife likes the room to grow into. Dang girl!
I got my wish though, kinda, I wanted a three car garage and that did not happend, only two. So the truck is parked out front, poor thing !

Believe me, this Canyon Run is well worth the trip and I will make sure the UT people are taken care of. Any AZ and NM people too. NM people would be really close to Pueblo since it is in the south-east. Come on everyone, it would be cool to post a large event in the SW next to the SZ05 in the east. I hope many of you can make it. -B.

yeah, I dont know many roads out rhere, just the steamboat/yampa valley region

D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D

Just to make something clear, I would have been at that meet had it not have taken me so long to replace the waterpump on my car. The original had 101k on it, and I was worried about it going out. Now I have one with a metal impellar! And no, my bike is not increadibly fast right now, becuase the plugs are fouled and it's not running right.

And as long as we are into the name calling, I shall dub you Sir NeverOwnARealCarInMyLifeAgainBecuaseI'mSellingMyPrideAndJoy ...

...Esquire

99 SE Sport SilverFrost MTX 01 F4i Red/White My mom says I shouldn't talk to conservatives.
Y
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Y
Well, hopefully this will be done in time. I'd like to run this year!

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Hookin up a Leaf Blower Jason???

B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B

Wait and see Plato ! He is going to be a baby Pat ! lol Its going to be awesome.

New question: what weekend works better for most out of these two.
May 13-14
or
May 20-21

These dates are a Friday and Saturday. Friday night get together with the whole group. Gunther Toody's on Arapahoe,(I-25 exit 197) dinner and hang out. The Canyon Run is in the works, laying out all the roadway. This run will be about twice as long as the last two "03" and "04". Make sure you have the whole day off on Saturday, so you can do the whole run. (Plato&Kingpin) Utah guys, please come out and have some fun. I can get you a great rate on hotels and hotel Blackwidow is always open. It would be awesome to meet the Utah people, you have some awesome cars ! Hope to see you all there. I will see if Keyser can pin a sign-up list at the top of the SW Forum in the begining of March. More info to come . . . -B.

Y
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Y

Something like that.... I like little "spinny thingies"

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
OK, I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I am registered for Spring Zing. I am heading home for this summer so I figured whats another 6 hours on an already long trip (especially with a few days rest in between), plus it sounds like a blast.

For one, this is scheduled on one of the run weekends, so that eliminates one possibility. The other date, or any earlier date, I dont think I will make. I have a long long trip ahead of me, and I am going to need my car to be in tip top shape. I am going to have an expansive once over done that week before to get any wear items replaced. I dont think I want to put another 600 miles (give or take) of aggressive driving on it before a 2000 mile journey. I would love to go, but I just dont think its a good idea, so I am bowing out. Sorry

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I would do it, and just take it light on the car. I'd feel much safer driving 2000 miles after being sure that the car is stable through a nice roadtrip through varying altitudes and turns in Colorado. I'm not trying to just convince you to go, I really think it would be smarter to do all your tune-up fixes, drive it around town for a few days, then go on a nice long, varying aggresiveness run. Just my two cents!

B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I would do it, and just take it light on the car. I'd feel much safer driving 2000 miles after being sure that the car is stable through a nice roadtrip through varying altitudes and turns in Colorado. I'm not trying to just convince you to go, I really think it would be smarter to do all your tune-up fixes, drive it around town for a few days, then go on a nice long, varying aggresiveness run. Just my two cents!

I agree -B.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard