Print Thread
#1132632 12/16/04 02:40 PM
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
Hi Guys,

I guess I won't be doing any suspension work this winter break. After a long, long Monday on campus I rear-ended a pickup truck at 9:30PM as I was leaving campus. The tow hitch saved the truck, and crunched the middle of my car's front-end inward. Radiator was leaking, airbags went off, horn was wailing (I'm semi-proud of the fact that I had enough wits about myself to pull the fuse for that). I didn't get home till midnight; called a tow company and brought the car home with me.

Since I have finals Thursday thru Monday (except Sunday), I've set up shop in my friend's dormroom and will be staying on campus till the semester's over.

I'm okay, just tired and feeling really bad for my car. Gonna try and focus on school, since it is an immediate concern. I'll post pics when school is done with.

On a better note, there was a 99 V6 5spd Contour for sale in my neighborhood earlier this month. I'm hoping it hasn't been sold yet; it'd sure make a nice replacement car. I'd have Koni struts, SVT springs, and gutted exhaust manifolds to put on it right away.

Airbags smell bad.

-Jesse

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Oh man that sucks! Sorry to hear it. Good luck with finals, I know the feeling as I have 2 tomorrow. Hope it all works out.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
That sucks man, I know how you feel. I'm in finals right now too i only got one left thats tomorrow after that i'm home free. I can also compare cuz i cracked the bumper on my SVT and i'm still not sure how i'm gonna fix it... Well good luck to you though, at least i have til summer

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)

Link Copied to Clipboard