Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
yeah ive heard to use liquid nail. however, mine are just siliconed right now, and are holding up fine (hopefully this trend continues). i was worried about the silicone possibly not being strong enough, but it seems to holding up fine. this is all with 0 fogging.

another thought i had was to use epoxy in a few spots (like 4 or 5 spots around the headlight) for strength and then fill in the crack (where you cut) with silicone. i didnt know how well the silicone would seal to the epoxy though.

not that you would really want to try on someone elses headlights that you are working on for money, but its just a thought. maybe you should get a practice set from the junkyard to practice a new sealing method that yeilds absolutely no fogging before you start selling these. or just use more liquid nail.

for 100+ bucks, i would expect at least that

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Put me in there! I might be being put in a magazine so i need to put on a face

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
where do you cut them to seperate them first of all. and if i got in on this would you be able to paint the crome where the corner is too. i want all black but the crome needed to reflect the low and high beams. everything else but that i would want painted, and i dont need any polishing on mine either. and if you can solve the fog problem i am in like flynn

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by ContourSVT98:
Originally posted by 99_SE:
could you make clear pre-98 headlights and then black parts of thoes out?

Im sure its doable, however, I would need to have some photos taken for a closer look if you have any. Bottom, Top, Sides, front.

-dan

i'll pm ya aboutit? how much do you think it would cost me for you do it if i supplied the lights?

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I like the looks, the price ain't bad either but I guess it's not cut out for the ppl who use their cars as daily drivers. I don't think I am gonna get a pair of new headlights just to paint 'em since mine are customized (oranges removed), so unfortunately I am gonna pass on this one.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by ContourSVT98:
could you make clear pre-98 headlights and then black parts of thoes out?

Im sure its doable, however, I would need to have some photos taken for a closer look if you have any. Bottom, Top, Sides, front.

-dan

i'll pm ya aboutit? how much do you think it would cost me for you do it if i supplied the lights?

i'd be interested in the clear corners as well..sorry for any hijacking as i've done them before and i'm not done with the amount of time it took me to do them...i'd rather pay someone else to do it for me

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I'm glad you decided to do this in a GB. I'll be sending you my lights after the first of the year. Got to get through Christmas first.

I'm wondering whether to do black or Tropic Green. I'm leaning toward the green. Any comments or thoughts, anyone?

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
I'm glad you decided to do this in a GB. I'll be sending you my lights after the first of the year. Got to get through Christmas first.

I'm wondering whether to do black or Tropic Green. I'm leaning toward the green. Any comments or thoughts, anyone?

black, it'll go well with the CF and rims IMHO

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

black, it'll go well with the CF and rims IMHO

I believe you may be right. After seeing this, I'm maybe changing my mind. Dion's beautiful ride with a chop:

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
C
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Hmm...Im a bit confused of those who want in or thinking about it. I have received lots of PMs with questions and interest about this group buy. I have a few new things to say here. When I did mine and JonnySVT's headlight I have forgotten how dangerous and messy it is to do these headlights. One, the dremel spins at 35,000 times per minute! One wrong move my finger or fingers are gone. Two, when Im cutting with this high speed dremel the hot plastic melts and sometimes flys off and hits my skin...seriously burns. last, makes a biiiiggggg mess. plastic dust everywhere....I mean up to 10 ft away. I live in an apartment. Its something I gotta do in the living room. Some of you asked that yours dont need their lens polished and want a lower price because of less work. True but I cant afford myself to take the risk. I have previously stated the price of $100 but need to change that to $120 (without lens polished). I hope you understand this matter and dont lose interest of this group buy. Ill be finishing Jonny headlights probably by this Friday. Ill be taking photos of them to post here.

-dan

98 CSVT 484/6535,18" MI Rims,Nitto NEO GEN Tires,Pioneer DEH-P7300,Custom Cougar CIA,CF Hood,McCULLOCH HID 6K,Custom painted red calipers,Flowmaster 40s mufflers,Drilled Slot rotors,K&N 9" air filter,Brullen HiFlo Y Pipe & CAT,Magnaflow Res
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard