Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
I am currently working on JonnySVT's headlights. Doing great so far I thought perhaps to earn a little money for myself I could create a group buy for those who wants their headlights blackened/colored done. I will be purchasing $100 of supplies to do this. In this package I will include the color of your choice if you prefer another color than black, polished your hazed lens if theres any, and last paint the outside lens outline if you like in which I recommend for more agressive look. Ive done my headlights a few months ago as you can see the photos below. A pair could could take me anywhere from 2-3 days work for perfection. For those who are interested would have to send their headlights to me when its their turn by mail. I would start with 5 people. If more than 5 are interested the price could drop but must reach at 10 instead of 5 though. The price would start with $140 plus $10 for return shipping. A deposit would be required once they are on the approved waiting list of $50. Remember the price includes for 3 jobs. PM me if you have any questions at all.

-dan

(6-10)

Add yourself if youre still interested after 5 waiting list.

98 CSVT 484/6535,18" MI Rims,Nitto NEO GEN Tires,Pioneer DEH-P7300,Custom Cougar CIA,CF Hood,McCULLOCH HID 6K,Custom painted red calipers,Flowmaster 40s mufflers,Drilled Slot rotors,K&N 9" air filter,Brullen HiFlo Y Pipe & CAT,Magnaflow Res
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
soo tempting..but noo money to spend

its all being saved in the Borla fund

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
could you make clear pre-98 headlights and then black parts of thoes out?

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
C
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by 99_SE:
could you make clear pre-98 headlights and then black parts of thoes out?

Im sure its doable, however, I would need to have some photos taken for a closer look if you have any. Bottom, Top, Sides, front.

-dan

98 CSVT 484/6535,18" MI Rims,Nitto NEO GEN Tires,Pioneer DEH-P7300,Custom Cougar CIA,CF Hood,McCULLOCH HID 6K,Custom painted red calipers,Flowmaster 40s mufflers,Drilled Slot rotors,K&N 9" air filter,Brullen HiFlo Y Pipe & CAT,Magnaflow Res
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
i'm interested, i think i need to buy 1 new one, cause its waterlogged hella bad, so i am interested in getting mine done, i'll be checking this post to keep updated.

aaron

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
would there be a reduced price if we want only say...two of the three jobs done (the painting of the housing and the outside trim but no polishing). Im asking this b/c my lenses are in great shape, no polishing needed. $140 is a bit much if your not getting all three jobs done. Id say painting the housing and the polishing are the two most expensive out of the three so how much would you be willing to take off if the polishing doesn't need done?

C
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by chill1110:
would there be a reduced price if we want only say...two of the three jobs done (the painting of the housing and the outside trim but no polishing). Im asking this b/c my lenses are in great shape, no polishing needed. $140 is a bit much if your not getting all three jobs done. Id say painting the housing and the polishing are the two most expensive out of the three so how much would you be willing to take off if the polishing doesn't need done?

True, I agree. I would say knocking off $40 is reasonable. So itll be just $100 for just the painting housing and trim.

-dan

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
This is only a question, as I have done my own set of these painted headlights. What kind of paint are you using? What are you using to seal the headlights back up with? I know I spent a bit more on my project, but I had my headlights painted professionally by a buddy of mine. And I used a 2 part epoxy made by 3M that Ford, and a lot of other body shops use to mount fenders.. I'm just curious as to how you're doing this so cheap? This is definitely an awesome GB though, good job!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
C
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
I am using a low gloss of any color dupli color spray can that can also handle at high temp. To seal it up I am using a similar glue that it already had. I dont use silicon which in my opnion doest bond as good as what I was using which is called Liquid Nail glue. Works great on mine and no water gets inside. A bit of a fog does occur but not like it would be a major problem since it evaporates quickly.

-dan

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
99.9% interested. Count me in, unless something unexpected occurs.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard