Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
ZER0 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
I have a 99 SE V6. On my way to visit my gf, I needed to bring the car up to speed quickly, so I hammered the gas, which is something i've done many times before, only this time i heard a pop, my deck went silent, my battery light came one, and i smelt something burning. I checked both my amps and the smell didn't appear to be coming from there. i went to the fuse box under the steering wheel, and nothing.
I stopped the car and restarted it. deck still wouldn't work, and the battery light stayed on until i gave the car a little gas and the light went off. its late and dark out so nothing i can really do now. im not driving home, cause i have a 40 min drive and the last thing i want is the car to die at night.
Any suggestions or things i should check out, im willing to bed my alt is dead (stupid piece of kief) i had the thing replaced arround the same time last year and the warranty on the work is long since up. but what about the deck? did i have a power surge and completely fry the audio outs? or just blow a fuse to my amp... i haven't checked that yet (too dark/cold)
On more thing when i give the car a bit of gas, my sub woofer hits, dont know if this helps.
Like i said im bringing her in tomorrow and hoping i can get it fixed for under 600.
So far the cars been really good to me (more or less) 222,000 km and orig tranny..... who knows maybe its next.
Mike

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
inspect your battery. this sorta thing happened to my brothers civic his alternator caused a power serge and the battery crackd open from the excess power and leaked fluid all over the place. he ended up geting a new battery, alt, sterreo and a few cercit bords

RIP Frank Foreman. March 15 2005. died in a tragic car crash at the age of 18.<Drive Safe> 1995 Contour gl Zetec auto. 178000km

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard