Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by PackRat:
Originally posted by BP:
a perfect example of reverse liberalism whining.

give that guy a tissue.

Translation: The guy speaks the truth and I can't deal with it.

lol. that guy whines just as much as the people he's pointing fingers at.

pot to kettle.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Quote:

For one thing, conservatives are so used to being labeled as stupid, bigoted, ignorant, racist, homophobic, sexist, insensitive and intolerant that it is almost impossible to offend them.

Tough to argue the contrary when the evidence is so overwhelming I guess.

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
P
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by BP:
Originally posted by BP:
a perfect example of reverse liberalism whining.

give that guy a tissue.

Translation: The guy speaks the truth and I can't deal with it.

lol. that guy whines just as much as the people he's pointing fingers at.

pot to kettle.

Too bad he's Jewish because that throws out any arguments about him being an ignorant WASP.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
What just strikes me as offensive about blue-state elitism is that they really don't feel that their own rules about racism, discrimination, how they state opinions, etc., apply to them. Hillary Clinton makes a joke about Mahatma Gandhi running a gas station down in St. Louis and is surprised when the M.K. Gandhi Institute for Nonviolence asks for an apology. My wife saw editorial cartoons depicting Condi Rice as Prissy from Gone With The Wind (paraphrasing "I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies") the day after she was selected as Secretary Of State, the highest political office ever for a black woman. A long-sitting Democrat congressman for my district has made anti-Semitic remarks more than once and keeps getting re-elected because he's just so entrenched that no one can outspend him.

The common thread is that they believe that because they supposedly represent these people more than their conservative opposites do, that they've got a license to use the imagery that they've deemed inappropriate for the rest of us. And they don't understand that that's not fair.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by daenku32:
"Liberal Jews and non-Jews claim that "Merry Christmas" offends Jews and other non-Christians. That 90 percent of Americans celebrate Christmas is of no importance to the easily offended. "

So, if a Jew or non-Jew is not offended, it means they are not Liberal?

No, it just means that additional clarification and differentiation is needed here.

Some liberals are quite resilient and stolid in their beliefs and don't feel the need to champion every cause that unthinking myopia allows others of their ilk to constantly trip over. Dare I say they are grounded and thoughtful in their philosophy and have defendable positions that don't default to knee-jerk slogans and bumper-sticker mentalities.

The "other" liberals that I speak of are liberals that carry the "offend me" albatross around their neck are the "Perpetual Panties in a Twist" liberals. It's almost a religion unto itself these days and is damn-well near a plague in that emotion seems to serve as a substitute as careful and subjective thought...

Don't let the fact escape you that there exists a right-wing element that shows the same knee-jerk reaction towards anything they consider "immoral" (i.e., Sesame Street animals talking being demonic). It's the flip-side of this philosophical coin as emotion combined with convictions allow a very similar "emotional" response that seems to have little backing besides feelings and a mantra that has been shoved down their throats. This certainly doens't rule them out as being conservative, though.

To wrap this little discourse up, I do seem to run into FAR more unthinking, knee-jerk liberals than conservatives, though.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
You're all a bunch of whiney pussies really.

Sal Khan 00 SVT - Not pretty 00 Aprilia RSV Mille - Also Loved. http://www.thelunchjournals.com "I just want someone I can stand once her mouth is free of obstruction."
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
So explain to me how this ISN'T just your average liberal v. conservatism dribble? I thought he was going towards a "easily offended v. not so easily offended argument...

Conservatives, your job is to tell the world to shutup and do what your government tells you, and Liberals, you are supposed to stand up for those that can't make their voice heard. I see no difference in this guys essay that varies from that model. Don't care how many continents he's been to, we have a Democracy for a reason and it's not so guys like him can try and stifle the opinions of others. You can mark me down for someone that's gonna call that conservative "ignorant".

Packrat, I apologize for insulting your patriotic little speech of "Majority Rules!, so HA!" here.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z

They do get offended by things, they're just not "allowed" to claim to be offended because they're not a minority. And when they do make a claim, they get terms like "racist" or "ignorant" thrown at them.

Hey, if the shoe fits...

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
P
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by zgendron:

They do get offended by things, they're just not "allowed" to claim to be offended because they're not a minority. And when they do make a claim, they get terms like "racist" or "ignorant" thrown at them.

Hey, if the shoe fits...

Talk about being narrow minded and stupid...oh wait, you're a liberal douche, never mind.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by zgendron:

Hey, if the shoe fits...

Talk about being narrow minded and stupid...oh wait, you're a liberal douche, never mind.

And I'm the narrow minded and stupid one? Comeon, what is this, 6th grade name calling? Seriously, grow up.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard