Next Thread
Print Thread
#1122359 12/06/04 04:52 AM
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
A buddy of mine is selling a zex wet kit that he had on his SVT. It has attachments for return and returnless fuel systems. I have a 98 E0 svt with about 80k on the engine and a rebuilt tranny. If I replace the plugs with colder ones and increase the gap, should I be safe running a 75 shot? All manifold gaskets have been recently replaced and there are no cels on except for a stupid evap system pending code that even ford can't explain. I already read up on nitrous oxide, and understand you have to be careful using it. I heard only use it in second through forth gear, and to use a wot activation switch, which I plan on doing.

AIM...BKapp17 98 T-red SVT Steeda Gutted Pre-cats, no resonator Painted Dash Angel Eye Fogs Painted Chrome ring / headlights Looking for a t-red pre98 trunk lid
#1122360 12/06/04 01:17 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
If you have already read up on nitrous, then you would be able to answer this question which has been asked numerous times.

If your motor has been maintained correctly, then the giggle gas will be just fine. I would not run any type of FI with CEL though.

Also, you can run the bottle in first gear. I did. I didn't have mine on a wot switch though.

Ryan Trollin!
#1122361 12/06/04 11:22 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Also, you can run the bottle in first gear. I did.

I didn't have mine on a wot switch though.

Maybe if it's a -10HP shot???

Even a stock SVT has traction issues at most rpm points in first gear. I could never see one with nitrous hooking up even with sticky tires. I bet second gets spin as well when the nitrous hits (i.e. why the programmable VCN-2000 is ideal!)

You run the risk of bouncing off the rev limiter because it already comes up so quick in first and one slip of traction and you are there in less than a half second. (i.e. why window switch ability IS A MUST for any N20 setup!)

Not on a WOT switch???
Does that not risk destroying or at least damaging the engine at part throttle because the PCM is commanding very lean fuel trim!!!
What about the timing spike (40-45 degrees!) below 40% load and at any throttle lift???

Maybe a fully programmable setup in linear mode could do that with a custom chip but still it would take a lot of knowledge and tuning time.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
#1122362 12/07/04 01:46 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
well, my old setup was, hmm....a little 'home engineered' if you will. it was somewhat F&F type deal, it was activated via a purge button....I only ran 1/2 bottle through the car, and I didn't hit it until the car hooked up....held the button the entire time as well. But yes, the risks you mentioned are there :-)

Ryan Trollin!
#1122363 12/07/04 04:18 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Also, you can run the bottle in first gear. I did.

I didn't have mine on a wot switch though.

Maybe if it's a -10HP shot???

Even a stock SVT has traction issues at most rpm points in first gear. I could never see one with nitrous hooking up even with sticky tires. I bet second gets spin as well when the nitrous hits (i.e. why the programmable VCN-2000 is ideal!)

A Zetec will spin in first gear with a 35HP shot.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods

Link Copied to Clipboard