Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Just thought I'd drop a note into your forum.

I'm looking for an SVT speedo in KPH (primary/large readings).

I've got a 99 SVT from the US and would prefer to have it reading in KPH vs MPH (find it difficult to see the small kph readings on the US spedos).

Anyone got a line on one, please drop me a note at:
AlanColes@ColesGroup.com

Regards, Alan Coles

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I would say just to get the overlays from www.speedhut.com

Call them and let them know that you need it in KPH and they will make it. These are expensive but you can get them easily and they are great quality. Only thing is your trip and odo will still be in miles.

2005 Focus ST
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Thanks, Advocate. I'll check them out if I can't find a stock speedo. Looks interesting.

Regards, Alan

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Are you going to tell me that the RCMP wouldn't believe you if you told you were only going a 100.........

2012 Lotus Evora --------- 95 Mystique MTX - GONE 395,000 Kms --------- Both Zetecs '97 Contour Mtx - stock - GONE
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by WestCoastAjax:
Are you going to tell me that the RCMP wouldn't believe you if you told you were only going a 100.........

I'd need to be stopped by one with a good sense of humor. Some of them are fine, but others - you'd swear they were born miserable. I actually sub'd for a Mountie on the RCMP team in the Whisler Snow, Earth, Water Race years ago when I lived in Vancouver and was staying in Whisler for awhile .

I got nailed last August in my 98 SVT, just after midnight I floored it going unto a very deserted highway just to listen to it (MSDS headers, SHO-Y, Export pipe, Bassani, MagnaFlow reasonator, etc.). I let off at about 220/kph (the little beast saw 240/kph and climbing before I backed out of it last July) and was letting it coast down to 100/kph.

Unfortuantely, there was a cop well ahead of me and when he heard me coming he turned around and zapped me as I coasted toward him. Fortunately, the guy was more interested in the car as he walked around it and asked questions, etc., and he gave me a ticket for 145/kph in a 100 zone. He said that was the number it finally locked in on but that it had started significantly higher and didn't lockin until my rate of deceleration reduced. He might have been able to nail me worse.

I did get stopped about 5 ago in the Florida Panhandle by a State Trooper and when I showed him that the 93 Volvo 940 Turbo I was driving had the speedo in KPH and absolutely no reference to MPH anywhere, he let me off with a warning. Sometimes you get lucky .

To make a long story longer, yes I need all the restraint I can find.

Regards, Alan

PS - Is the Squamish to Whisler road still a blast to drive or has it been emaciated? I've got fond memories of blasting through there on my GS750 and a great run I had with my race-prep'd Fiat 124 Spider vs a Mini Cooper S (back in the day )

A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Thanks everyone. I just found & bought my KPH speedo.

Regards, Alan

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Alan Coles:

PS - Is the Squamish to Whisler road still a blast to drive or has it been emaciated? I've got fond memories of blasting through there on my GS750 and a great run I had with my race-prep'd Fiat 124 Spider vs a Mini Cooper S (back in the day )

Gone due traffic, road construction.......2 lanes each way, passing lane passing only. The section between Horseshoe Bay and Britania Beach is still ok, but the traffic......Many M/C's of mine went that road.
BUT
There is a road from Pemberton to Lilooet called the Duffy Lake Road..........and its better!!!!!!!! No really. Last trip was 5 month ago with the Falkens on.....oooooohman. At the speed limit ofcourse.

2012 Lotus Evora --------- 95 Mystique MTX - GONE 395,000 Kms --------- Both Zetecs '97 Contour Mtx - stock - GONE
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Alan Coles:

Gone due traffic, road construction.......2 lanes each way, passing lane passing only. The section between Horseshoe Bay and Britania Beach is still ok, but the traffic......Many M/C's of mine went that road.
BUT There is a road from Pemberton to Lilooet called the Duffy Lake Road..........and its better!!!!!!!! No really. Last trip was 5 month ago with the Falkens on.....oooooohman. At the speed limit ofcourse.

I figured as much. It was all narrow, twisty, single lane each way when I ran it. Actually,I started driving that road not long after they first paved it !!! in the early/mid 70's. The woman I lived with in Vancouver, used to work in Whisler before they paved the road. There wasn't even a bar there then, just the lounge in the Alta Hotel, that was it.

Do you know if the Duffy Lake Road used to be a logging road 25 years ago? I drove my old 5.0L 69 Falcon over one that I think was likely that one. Used to spend alot of time in Whisler before they built the Town Center in 1979.

For a time in 1980, I lived and worked two weeks at a time in Prince George and Vancouver. I used to be able to go door-to-door 498 miles in 7 hours flat with my little VW Rabbit (a Golf to anyone under 25-30) including one stop for gas. Virtually no passing lanes once you headed north after Hope and especially after Cash Creek. Used to be a great run but very draining.

Regards, Alan

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Yup ol' timer that thars the road.
And I waved at you, it was in June , a Saterday in 1974.....how come you didn't wave back..........

A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Yup ol' timer that thars the road.
And I waved at you, it was in June , a Saterday in 1974.....how come you didn't wave back..........

Ahhh, must have been waving to someone else. In 74 I was headed out across this big country on my trusty steed a 73 Norton 850 Commando. . That is until it threw a connecting rod, and punched a hole in the crankcase. Funny, I now own a 1999 SVT Contour with a hole in the oil pan, made by an errant con rod.

I believe it was 1977 that I would have done the Duffy Lake Road trip. Can't remember meeting a single sole. It was a beautiful, but slow, drive.

I'm trying to get out to BC in the next couple of years to see friends in Vancouver, Vancouver Island, and Prince George. That road would be a great way to go from Vancouver Island/Horseshoe Bay to Prince Greorge via Whisler. Thanks for the tip on the road. I'd forgotten all about it and wouldn't have even thought of it being paved.

Regards, Alan

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard