Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
A couple of weeks ago my blower motor quit working. Swapped the relay with my rear defrost relay, and it works again. Ok, fine, replace the relay and all is well and good. Last night it quit working again. I'm thinking "Ok, defective relay, no big deal". Went and warrantied it, put a new one it. Still nothing. So I go under the dash. I pull the connector out of the blower motor itself and check power. I tested from the Whatever/Pr to the Bk/Rd and have good power. I also checked from Whatever/Pr to a chassis ground, again have power.

I checked the "Just on high" and "Defrost Only" and nothing. I also don't hear the motor spinning when I'm under the dash.

I'm pretty sure the motor is shot and I'm going to have to replace it, but is there anything that I'm missing before I go and do that? I'm really just looking for confirmation that the motor is shot.

Thanks for any help!

Jonathan '96 Contour Zetec MTX 208,XXX miles
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Anyone?

Jonathan '96 Contour Zetec MTX 208,XXX miles
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Pull the whole panel and investigate the back. One of the main wires leading to the panel was melted and shorted out, causing problems with the blower. Replaced the panel, fixed the wire and all has been good for about a year now.

See pics here: http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=767606&Forum=trouble&Words=blower&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=766507&Search=true#Post767606

1998 SVT Contour E1, Black (Mine) - Winter 3.0 Project 2004 Sentra SE-R SpecV (Wifes) www.SuperHawkForum.com

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard