Next Thread
Print Thread
W
wa2tuff Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I have to say I've not had this problem with my SVT but my daughter's Cavalier does it frequently. I've heard of spraying or smearing something on the door gaskets but I don't remember what it was. A little help, please.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Silicon spray.

Silicon dielectric grease works too.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
You gotta put that car away man... its far too beautiful!!

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
My car doors were frozen shut today
Along with every [censored] door lock....

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Silicon spray.

that, and avoid power washes and high-pressure water directly on them.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Silicon spray.

YES yes
OPINION - spray gets all over the place,the grease doesn't and it stays longer on the rubber....
From the great white north.....where the garage door freezes shut, so I don't have to worry about the car door.......

2012 Lotus Evora --------- 95 Mystique MTX - GONE 395,000 Kms --------- Both Zetecs '97 Contour Mtx - stock - GONE
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by ContourKev:
My car doors were frozen shut today
Along with every [censored] door lock....

That happened to me yesterday, I had to go into work, FINALLY get my car door unstuck, and the latch is frozen, so it wont friggan stay closed . So I ended up having to take my mom's car to work and put my car in the garage to thaw . While I was at work I noticed a can of "Windshield/lock deicer for 1.50$. I figured it would be a good investment.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by WestCoastAjax:
From the great white north.....where the garage door freezes shut, so I don't have to worry about the car door.......

reminds me of a few years ... this happened to my neighbor (at the time we didn't have a garage), she was quite jealous that although we had to climb in through the passengers' side, we could at least get in our car and use it!

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Yeah, silicon spray works for me.

When I do get a door freezing shut I'd PUSH hard around the edge of the door along where door gasket is, so that ice gets cracked and door easily opened.

1997 Contour Sport Duratec MTX 2000 Olds Intrigue GLS Sterling Edition
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
This is why i live in California

Troy

99 Contour SE Sport

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard