Next Thread
Print Thread
#1114822 11/25/04 05:51 PM
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Taking off the intake manifolds to change some hoses, I found some bad insulaton in the fuel injector harness area and some going to the IMRC. I have no noticeable engine running problems as of now. I do have the no ABS symtoms when it rains and I switch the A/C on though.
I am printing out the recall info and going to the dealer with some digital pictures to show them.
Anyone here have the recall done recently?

B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
I've had this done a couple of year ago on my 95 Contour 2.5

Removed intake manifold for cleaning, etc and found fuel injector wiring harness had most of the insulation gone. It was very brittle and when touched it flaked off. I was amazed that the car did not catch on fire. Recall was for up to 100,000 miles or 10 years. When I had mine done I had 119,000 miles on the car. Ford area rep that was contacted offered to cover the cost up to 90 percent with myself covering 10 percent remainder. I agreed and entire engine harness wiring was replaced by dealer.

Regards,
Bob

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
I had mine done almost a year ago I suppose. Car has run fine since (never ran bad before)

Some have DIY'd it's not something I would attempt myself.

They had my car for a month. Seems after it was all put back the first time it still wasn't correct and the ECM was fried. So I got that replaced too.

Amazing that it isn't a mandatory recall on all 95's.

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
I saw your post, earlier today, after I did a bit of searching. My wiring is in the begining stages of the insulation cracking as it wasn't showing signs last time I cleaned the intakes 11,000 miles ago. I'm sure the ABS problem, I have, has something to do with the harness issue.
Anyone know how to identify if the car has a Mecca II or the Mecca III ABS controller? The car is a 96 SE, V-6, MTX built in Feb/March of 96.

J
J
Originally posted by Nate'sTour:

They had my car for a month.

A month?!! I hope that's not the norm. Did they give you a loaner? How is someone supposed to get to work if that's their only car????

I'm dreading having this done, as I just know they will never get it put back right.

'96 Contour SE Teal Duratec V6 MTX 54,000 Miles (Purchased New) Not a Newbie - Had To Re-register!
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
What yrs/models was this recall for. I think I may need to have this done also. Do you have a link with the info for this recall, or should I contact my local dealer?

E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
http://www.contour.org/FAQ/recall/99M03/
It is in the FAQ section here. Look in the "Common Problems and Complaints"
I agree with the post before yours, I would not want to have the car at the dealer for weeks. They will give you a loaner car for only two days.

N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Janine:
Originally posted by Nate'sTour:

They had my car for a month.

A month?!! I hope that's not the norm. Did they give you a loaner? How is someone supposed to get to work if that's their only car????

I'm dreading having this done, as I just know they will never get it put back right.

Oh I had a loaner! No way in hell I'g go a month without a car It was a fully loaded Taurus and actually was a damn nice ride!

But it took so long since it was a big job, the guy doing it had to do it on his time I think and they messed up the first go round. But since I had the loaner I said "take your time"

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard