Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
I am from the IGH area myself. If we all knew where that bad spot is we can all avoid it. I like to cruise and mess around alittle but we need to watch each others backs so there are no more misshaps like that. Hopefully it happens but they are bringing back the old Minnesot Dragways in a new location wich is unknown yet but they have purchased the land and claims it will be within a good distance for local to race at and should be open in spring of 06! Lets hope so we can have fun close to home!! If you are interested in the web it is at Minnesotadragways.com. For those who remember you know what I am talking about for those who don't its a whole new expeirience to look at. I know I am tierd of travelling one to two hours to the closet track!

Tony

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
So what ever became of that bust? Did you get out of that ticket? I just watched the video, nice shot of your ride? Keep us informed...
Andy

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
No, I just got a letter back from my attorney yesterday. I still have my second Arraignment set for December 17th. The way it was going to work is when i went to the first one, my attorney and i looked over the file and everything.... saw the mistake they had with the Pontiac SLE, with almost the same license plate. We asked for a flat out dismissal or lower settlement and the stupid city attorney like shot us down. So he (my attorney) then started talking to her (city attorney) to see what we could do. She said that there were video records made, we could stick with our not-guilty plea and just wait for the tapes which she said would be available in about 2 weeks (over a month ago). She said we could review the tapes and still have the settle option @$300 even if i somehow there could've been a car like mine on the tapes. This way i was still at the same place i started except i was supposed to be able to review the "evidence" they have against me. Now turns out i think i am just going to get the shaft. They aren't going to let us review the evidence until after the second arraingment thing. So i can't settle if i plan on pleading innocent. The whole thing ends up basically saying that either i pay the 300 bucks to make them happy, or take a huge gamble on whether i win the real court case or not. If i end up going to court i'm 75% sure i'll lose, because they will just round up some cop there that says he saw a silver car with someone just like me in it. I won't have a chance. I'm going to call my attorney back tomorrow i hope, and see what else he has to offer. I'll keep you posted though

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
What a crappy deal. They make the mistake and you pay for it...

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by captainandy15:
What a crappy deal. They make the mistake and you pay for it...

Yeah your telling me, I was so looking forward to buying headers and cat-back exhaust this winter, it might be put off til spring now though

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
dude sorry to hear, it could have just been me, since I used to have a silver SVT and also live in IGH. What do you do in IGH? I go to IHCC...

2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege #1467, Ti Grey MODS: Schroth 3pt harness, clear corners, CF hood, grill, mirrors, dash, etc. Injen CAI, Defi D Boost/OilP/AFRatio, Greddy SP2 2.5" Cat Back
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I Live with my parents here in IGH, I graduated from Simley last year. I'm going to school in Wisconsin now, i still live here though to save a little $$. That's cool i got a bunch of friends that go to IHCC.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
YES!!! Good news, my second court arraignment was cancelled last friday December 17th, The city's case was apparently falling apart, i still think they never had a video or evidence against anyone they were just dragging it out as long as they could to get as many people to settle as possible. So the grand result is they dropped the charges and my case has been dismissed! Finally, now i am only out the $143 dollars that it cost to have my car towed for all the "racing" i did. At least my insurance rates won't triple, only have one speeding ticket on my record

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Thats great news. I found a loophole in a Nebraska law one time (back in 94) They stopped me for drag racing and gave me a ticket for it. I found out that if they give you a ticket for racing they had to stop both people. So they dropped the charges. I got away with it a few other times too.

Chris Carr92 SHO MTX~99 Taurus SE~95 Contour SE "Be good. If you cant be good, be careful. If you cant be careful, name it after me. Anonymous"
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
AWSOME!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard