A
Turn Signal from 99 Mercury Mystique
Keyless Entry Module from 99 Mercury Msytique

Thanks!

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Do you mean the outside light (as in the lens)? If so, then nope, totally different. If you mean the lightbulb, NOPE, totally different also.

I have no idea about the Keyless module, I don't see why not if your car had keyless to begin with (otherwise you'll have to get all the components and wire it up yourself, I think).

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
The turn signal that I was refering to was the switch on the steering column.

Would it be difficult to wire up the keyless entry module?

Thanks!

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
That switch should be the same... I don't know if they changed the wiring or not, but my 98 SVT's looks exactly like my 96 GL's did...

I have no idea about the keyless entry. All I've read is that non-keyless entry cars are not wired up the same, so I'm guessing you might have a lot of wiring to do.

I would recommend just buying an aftermarket one if you don't have the factory. I'm assuming you have factory power locks, too. If not, then you will definatly have a lot of wiring to do.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
ouch -

Out of curiosity: Where did you get the keyless remote entry module, and what did you pay for it?

I'm interested in adding keyless remote entry to my '95 GL (which did not have it; it does have power door locks). I'd prefer a Ford OEM system; I haven't seen an aftermarket system I like.

I wouldn't mind wiring it up myself, but haven't seen diagrams for the connector on the Ford system and other information I'd need to work it all out.

Oh well; a project for another day.

1995 Contour GL V6 ATX T/C 1986 Mustang GT 5.0 2000 Windstar LX

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard