Next Thread
Print Thread
#1104052 11/12/04 09:41 AM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Hey everyone I thought I would update everyone on the where abouts of â??Ross,â? James' (svtcarboy) 1998 E0 SVT. Originally after the flywheel went out and the Mazda 6 was in the driveway it was looking pretty grim for good oâ??l Ross. If you look back at this thread you can read more about the situation.

To make a long story short, something was holding James from donating the car and he managed to hold onto it long enough to avoid the dark future of the car. A couple months ago a few of us MN CEGâ??ers got together where James and I met up and were discussing cars. It ended up that he still had Ross and needed to get rid of him due to space issues. I asked him if heâ??d be willing to sell it and he was! It also just so happened that I had a little extra $$$$ and I was still modding the heck out of my SE.

We both knew it was the best alternative for Ross and the CEG Godâ??s must have been looking out for him. I knew if donating was going to be a hassle so would trying to arrange an out of state sale as many other CEGâ??ers were interested in the car.

Less than two weeks later the sale was finalized and I drove Ross back to school where he is accompanied by my 98 Se thatâ??s been modded and ironically is the same Tred and has the matching SVT kit on it. They look like twins!

There was no doubt in my mind that the car was in much better condition that I feel James had expressed, as he is a very meticulous car enthusiast and I would drive any car that has been in his possession. The car has a few issues but nothing I wasnâ??t willing to put forth the money and effort to get her back in shape.

Currently I have purchased a used tranny out of a 98 SVT with approx 69K and is being completely rebuilt by Terry Hanes including all revised and updated parts and best of all a LSD! Once I receive that I will be ordering a new spec clutch and flywheel. You can tell a car was taken very well care of when it has more than 185K on the original clutch and flywheel!

Also on the way are a set of MSDS headers purchased through the group buy. Stazi brakes all the way around. A new CD player & power antenna, and in the spring freshly repainted bumpers as there are a few flaws in the current bumpers.

I only have a couple of pics to show those of you who are not familiar with the car and I will include a link to my Cardomain page so you can see more info and track the progress.

Mods that were already done on the car were:

- New SVT Springs and Koni struts at around 85K
- Rear strut brace
- Hi flow ypipe with removed resonator
- KKM intake
- Cougar shift knob
- 16� Moda wheels
- Bnoon havc overlay
- Alpine Deck and Boston Acoustic speakers
- Katz fog lights

There are probably more and Iâ??m sure James can add to the list and correct any miss-info.

I just thought I would put your minds at ease knowing that the car isnâ??t going to the scrap yard, being donated or abused, and is staying right here in the North Central CEG family!

I am so excited to actually own a CSVT as I have tried to modd my Se into a close second. If the engine were to spin a bearing a 3L is definitely in the future. Now I ned to get rid of the VW to finance the rest of my auto habbits.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
#1104053 11/12/04 10:37 AM
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
sweet deal. 185k on stock flyweel and clutch my god, they must have been dust.

98 contour svt #6473 of 6535
#1104054 11/12/04 01:19 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
D@mn that's awesome. I wonder what the UIM & LIM look like. I bet their is about 10 ponies in there waiting to get loose.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1104055 11/12/04 07:23 PM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
VERY Nice! Glad Ross could stay in the "Family"

1998 SVT Contour E1, Black (Mine) - Winter 3.0 Project 2004 Sentra SE-R SpecV (Wifes) www.SuperHawkForum.com
#1104056 11/15/04 02:46 AM
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
nice car, im sure that's what Ross would have wanted

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

#1104057 11/15/04 03:22 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Dakmis:
sweet deal. 185k on stock flyweel and clutch my god, they must have been dust.

Yes, that's awesome! My old 1990 Sentra went 201K before the original clutch started to go out, 202K before it seriously needed a new one, engine ran like new. Both show how far a well-maintained car will go...

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
#1104058 11/15/04 03:57 AM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by todras:
D@mn that's awesome. I wonder what the UIM & LIM look like. I bet their is about 10 ponies in there waiting to get loose.

I can only imagine. I just upgraded to a 2000 SVT UIM/LIM/TB on my se and the se's intake was nasty at 88K!

I hope to tear down the SVT's intakes soon!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard