Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by FreeShyne:
Originally posted by Anthony Thomas:
Please no - "You should buy a Mustang post" If I bought a Stang when I was done it would do wheel stands but get 4mpg in the process, no thanks.

I'm interested in making a neat sedan whoop butt on the mean streets of Southern California and occasional track use. That way I don't have rent a car when I feel like my Neon is too edgey for dates.

Thanks

Get an M5 ...Hey, I didn't say get a Mustang. What the hell do you mean by your neon is "too edgey for dates". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I hope that is sarcasm. Is this a regular neon or an SRT-4? If it is an SRT then your problem would already be solved. If it is a regular neon,well, then you should get rid of it, it is just way too edgey.

Check his sig, your answer is in there.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

Even with that said several "big dogs" should be in the 12's anyway. They easily have the power and/or trap speed.

Demon said you cant drive

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
A lot of people have ignored the little tricks that help the contour hook up. They spend a ton of money on their engine and forget the rest. I think subframe connectors, reinforced control arms and foamed frame rails would help a lot. I also think konis and ground controls set up properly would help quite a bit. Also a few of our big hp guys have admitted that they do not drag race well.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
the konis set full hard in the rear reduced a LOT of driveline movement, etc. I think a good suspension setup with solid MM is the way to go, and obviously don't drop the clutch above 3.5k and you'll be able to get into 12's. . .I haven't tried yet. . .

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by GrandMasterKhan:
how Light are we talking here?

100lbs, you supposedly can't remove more weight than that.

If you removed your rock filled head you could drop another 100 easily.

That "100lbs" basis was based on all the easily removable parts. Jack, spare, inner trunk siding & extras, rear seat back & bottom, and all misc junk in the car.

There definitely are other ways to lower the vehicles weight however they don't "just happen" before going to the track though.
(i.e. headers for precats, aftermarket Y for stock, CF hood, 13lb battery, removing extra metal brackets, et cetera)

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Its all about the launch and hookup, any E.T.'s are all about that, period

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Intercom System for Contour.org:

If you removed your rock filled head you could drop another 100 easily.

Attention, again.

Ross has been own3d by Greg. Yes, this is an own3d statement.

That is all.

On a side note Greg, it's nice to know that the rear seat is "useless junk."

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
so what are you waiting for girly man..

Well there is the whole fact I don't like nitrous.

I hate temporary power! If I can't use it 24/7 then it's not for me.

That doesn't mean there are times I don't wish I had a nitrous kit on my car when I went to the track but that it is just not my cup of tea.

BTW - how fast was your SVT with nitrous??? Did you break into the 14's?

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
I think subframe connectors, reinforced control arms and foamed frame rails would help a lot.

I agree.

I personally skipped the subframe connectors because of weight. Also there is not a tremendous amount of twist being transfered through the body in a FWD platform. It is all localized to the front.
There is only really some lateral G bending and our platform is very rigid for a unibody. All the suspension and stress points are over engineered. It is part of the reason why a FSTB has no real effect.

I do have re-enforced control arms and foamed frame rails. Though I did both for handling and not specfically for drag launches.

I feel the 94A filled roll resistors made the biggest difference by far. They broadened the range you could go before you hit wheel hop.

After that comes practice, practice, practice.

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er

Well there is the whole fact I don't like nitrous.

I hate temporary power! If I can't use it 24/7 then it's not for me.

That doesn't mean there are times I don't wish I had a nitrous kit on my car when I went to the track but that it is just not my cup of tea.

this is pretty much my point of veiw on nitrous either but it would be nice sometimes .

aaron

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard