Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
If I'm understanding the problem correctly the ridiculous wheel hop our cars experience is a result of the roll resitors allowing for too much movement, that's where filling them helps, and welding in a metal plate (like Here) pretty much elimintaes it.

So my question: Is there any reason not to fabricate solid mounts to entirely replace the roll-resistors?

'98 CSVT 3L Hybrid "It all comes down to how fast you want your money to go." ______________________________________________ View Profile
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
keep your eyes peeled its in the works.

Cougar V6 MTX: GMK Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake : SVT UIM : SVT LIM : SVT TB : MSDS Headers & Ypipe : TruBendz 2.5" Borla Single Exhaust : Soild Front Motor Mount : & more
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
you would get mad engine vibration in the passenger compartment with solid ones. I filled mine with 2 part urethane casting compound. search the archives for engine mounts. there is one with a website and part numbers. stuff works great.

95 mystique daily driver 96 mystique parts car 95 contour 3.0L oval port swap in the works check my classified ad
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by GrandMasterKhan:
keep your eyes peeled its in the works.

Are you making them? or someone else? What is being used?

I'm thinking I'm going to use some square steel tube and quarter inch plate stock, but thats what I have easy access to. And to reduce vibration transfer, I'm planning on using rubber or urathane washers between the mounts and the chassis.

'98 CSVT 3L Hybrid "It all comes down to how fast you want your money to go." ______________________________________________ View Profile
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
what about the solid tourqe brace that replaces the engine damper(stab-o-shock)? That must help with elimination of wheel hop. i also agree that eliminating the roll of the engine completely will help wear on your tranny and clutch much quicker.

1998 T-Red SVT (SOLD) #4230 BOD-12/5/97 99 3L and stuff 2003 Jaguar X-Type
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by TMoose02:
i also agree that eliminating the roll of the engine completely will help wear on your tranny and clutch much quicker.

please explain? How does movement of the engine cause less wear on clutch and tranny?

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard