Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1101764 11/11/04 11:48 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
I would much rather be what you described than a no moral, anti-religion, terroist coddling, tax raising, tree hugging, PETA worshiping, liberal.

if that was your lame attempt at drawing an opposite parallel to my description then you get an -F for effort.

I just pray to God that people will see through Hillary if, heaven help us, she runs for office.

the next election will be even more of a joke than this one if she runs. when it comes down to it she won't even make the ticket.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
#1101765 11/12/04 12:00 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
Originally posted by RT and his SE:
The question is legitimate no matter what side of the aisle you stand on.
Dan, if you want to start a Conservative vs Liberal pissing match go start your own thread.

The question is SILLY no matter what side of the isle you are on. You have an ailing Ashcroft who has been ready to quit for over a year, the sec of commerce - a CLOSE Bush friend leaving (no confidence..from the commerce dept??). You have Powell (rumors ONLY) who was pulled from RETIREMENT, has no political aspirations and is working his ass off..this guy DESERVES to leave if he chooses. Rumsfeld WANTS to stay and probably will, and RICE who has only said she wants someday to GET BACK to ACADEMIA. Has anyone actually expressed no confidence in Bush now that election is over..or is this simply an Al Franken talking point?

The REPUBLICAN ship sinking??? The same Republicans who just won the presidential race with gains in nearly all demographic by the widest margin since 1988, the republican house gaining 10 seats, the republican senate gaining 5 and throwing out a democrat minority leader for the first time in 50 years. I think it a bit premature to start bailing water just yet.

i still don't see how this equates to a liberal vs conservative issue. ...i hope you're not insinuating that everyone is either a conservative or a liberal and conservative = republican and democrat = liberal. if that's the case then too many people have a boxed in false sense of reality.

sure the republican party picked up a couple spots in this election, but they're realizing they have to change in order to stay competitive down the road. the democrats are feeling the same. the pressure is on because in 2008 without the threat of terror, a 3rd party candidate could make a very strong showing and be decisive.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
#1101766 11/12/04 12:31 AM
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by BP:

i still don't see how this equates to a liberal vs conservative issue. ...i hope you're not insinuating that everyone is either a conservative or a liberal and conservative = republican and democrat = liberal. if that's the case then too many people have a boxed in false sense of reality.

Point taken...in my original sarcastic comment when I used the phrase "Is this the way LIBERALS are looking at this election..", I substitue "Is this the way THOSE SEVERELY DISTURBED BY JOHN KERRY LOSING THE ELECTION are looking at this election.."

The original sarcasm being brought out of course by the utter nonscensical nature of the remark..

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
#1101767 11/12/04 01:18 AM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Dan are you familiar with how decision are made in large companies? (Simplified version) The board makes it recommendation and the CEO rubber stamps it. It works the same way in the White house and it always has. Sorry but your superman GW is not smart enough to do it alone. Hell he had to pay someone off to get into Yale and has had to have people bail him out his whole business life!
So the original remark
Quote:

The cabinet IS the president! Dubya is the face not the brains.

was a statement of fact not an attempt to rile unlike that last part about Dubya being dumb!

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
#1101768 11/12/04 01:52 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:

...in my original sarcastic comment when I used the phrase "Is this the way LIBERALS are looking at this election..", I substitue "Is this the way THOSE SEVERELY DISTURBED BY JOHN KERRY LOSING THE ELECTION are looking at this election.."

...fair enough.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
#1101769 11/12/04 02:00 AM
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by BP:

the next election will be even more of a joke than this one if she runs. when it comes down to it she won't even make the ticket.

Unfortunately,

The democratic party is fresh out of good candidates. If she decided to run, she is a lock as the democratic nominee.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
#1101770 11/12/04 04:57 AM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by BP:
I would much rather be what you described than a no moral, anti-religion, terroist coddling, tax raising, tree hugging, PETA worshiping, liberal.

if that was your lame attempt at drawing an opposite parallel to my description then you get an -F for effort.

I just pray to God that people will see through Hillary if, heaven help us, she runs for office.

And I give you an F for common sense you no moral, anti-religion, terroist coddling, tax raising, tree hugging, PETA worshiping, liberal.

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
#1101771 11/12/04 05:22 AM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I think we're reading too much into this, though I opened a bottle of Korbel to toast Ashcroft resigning. He duped us all into thinking he actually would put his personal beliefs aside to fulfill his position...

And I also would be glad to see the Patriot Act go as well... Prove it actually saved that bridge, and that it would not have been saved with the powers in existence prior to it passing.

Both Ascroft and the Patriot Act were attacks on our freedoms which are victories for the terrorists.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
#1101772 11/12/04 07:18 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by svtcarboy:
And I also would be glad to see the Patriot Act go as well... Prove it actually saved that bridge, and that it would not have been saved with the powers in existence prior to it passing.

Both Ascroft and the Patriot Act were attacks on our freedoms which are victories for the terrorists.

James, you disappoint me. I always enjoy reading your posts because they're always from a fresh point of view, and you bring something different to discussions here, which I appreciate.

But to say Ashcroft and the Patriot Act are victories for terrorists is quite stupid. The media has made Ashcroft to be a Lucipher incarnate, and I've considered you impervious to media propaganda. I hope your above statement is just a 'fluke'.

Proof that the bridge was saved by the Patriot Act? (I know CBS is a less than trustworthy "news" source, but I approve of this article): CBS story
If you or someone else here is more qualified than the Attorney General to judge the Patriot Act's significance in this case, then you all should be in a different line of work than you are in now. I've heard and read this case described in more detail than in this article, and it is clear the Patriot Act was crucial to bringing this guy down.

#1101773 11/12/04 01:59 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B

And I give you an F for common sense you no moral, anti-religion, terroist coddling, tax raising, tree hugging, PETA worshiping, liberal.

i'll give you the benefit of a doubt that you're being an obnoxious idiot in an attempt to be funny.

...but after further review the sad truth is that you're not funny and all that's left is an obnoxious idiot.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard