Page 37 of 49 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 48 49
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
Its about time that happens.

And when it does, all the current amendments and laws prohibiting gay marriage will go the way of the dinosaur.

Yeah! Forget the will of the people! Let a couple rouge judges decide what is best for us!

Tell me about it....

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
If that was the case, we'd still have slaves and your wife would be your property. Times have changed and the courtroom is what the laws happen now.

Right, I'm sure the will of the people is still pro-slavery/anti-sufferage.....

That is so weak...

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by sigma:
Quote:

The laws of nature themselves contradict homosexuality.

How so? Because it doesn't lead to reproduction of the species? Well neither does infertility and millions of people are born every year that way.

Homosexuality has been observed in almost every animal species on the planet. It commonly occurs yet appears to increase as population levels rise. There are numerous reasons why it fits very well into evolution theory. It can be an adaptation to an overcrowded environment and/or an environment where same-sex contact is far more common.

Nature is constantly changing, trying new things, seeing which work and which don't in which circumstances -- any sort of genetic 'abnormality' (and I hate to use that word) is not "against the law of nature" it is the law of nature.

I would wholeheartedly disagree that it can be "observed in almost every animap species on the planet".

Further, most abnormalities are cast off as natural failures, as would homosexuality be should the bizzaar circumstance arise in which it became dominate. How would the species continue?

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Freakshow:
Originally posted by Red92784:
They also dont need to de-moralise the term marrage. Call it something else if you must, but its not marrage. Marrage is a beautiful and honerable thing, weather religious or not it defines a loving relationship between a man and a women. THEY ALREADY STOLE THE RAINBOW!!! THEY CANT HAVE THE WORD MARRAGE TOO!!!

Fisrt of all, if marriage is so sacred to you please at least learn to spell it correctly.

Seriously though, the term marriage has already be demoralized to a degree and it has nothing to do with homosexuality. It has to do with hypocrite people who claim marriage is so sacred yet get divorced at a rate of (IIRC) no over 50% in the U.S. I've already covered this countless times; no fault divorce laws, media cirucising of marriage for ratings, etc. Homosexuals are not the ones who have demoralized or lessened the term marriage; it's the good "old fashioned" hetros that are doing a dandy job of that already.

Eh, what the hell, marriage is going the way of the dodo, so why not take one last shot and kill it entirely?

Did I get your reasoning correct?

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by svt4stv:
Originally posted by Sandman333:

What are gays missing out on by simply not giving the legal term "marriage" to their relationship?

ummm...EQUALITY?

and that about sums it up. not that i agree with or anything because i'm still on the fence on this issue.

i see youre in the military (right?). what about gays in the military? the dont ask, dont tell policy is kind of discriminatory. dont ya think? (not trying to chum any flamebait here but curious as to people in here thoughts on that, especially our CEG servicemen). they made such a big issue out of it years ago and now its kinda just forgotten. ever meet any men you knew were gay in the military? or do they have to hide it?

Open gays in the military is detrimental to troop morale, and poor morale is a death sentence on a battlefield.

Side note: I never thought I would catch up with the end of this thread. Was reading and responding and kept seeing pages and pages added to the end....

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Davo:
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
What you don't have a right to do is discriminate and deny someone the right to be happy simply because you don't like their sexual preference, race, color, religion, etc.

Amen.

I say Amen too, because you proved my point. The problem is that homosexuals consider 'marriage' as the only route to happiness. They need to think of ways other than membership into heterosexual institutions to be happy. I like the fact that Curves doesn't have any mirrors at any of its facilities. Should I try to get into Curves, or try to think of something else to be happy about at the club I go to now?

If you're so anti-discrimination, then maybe you'll join me in opposition to Affirmative Action.

Can I get an A-Men, brother?

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by neelnug:
Originally posted by contourGL1996:
Originally posted by Fat Mike:
[begin rant]

I saw two of my gay friends break down in tears last night when they found out measure 36 passed, adding discrimination to our state's constitution. Not a single freaking state rejected these measures. I'm sure God is pleased that all his loving followers have worked so hard to keep our families, children and marriages safe from those dirty queers...

I swear, everytime I see some SUV with a Jesus fish on one side and a "one man, one woman" sticker on the other, I get so damn disgusted. Some middle-aged seacow who has never met a homosexual person in her life thinks it's their Christian duty to prevent "those sick gay people" from trying to have any sort of freedoms or rights. Meanwhile they continue to instruct all their followers about how treating gay people like actual human beings is a sin. It's probably only because gay people can't produce more soldiers for God's army. And only straight marriages can be pure and holy - even while daddy is banging the secretary, mommy is popping valuum and your daughter keeps getting felt up by the youth leader. But at least queers can't marry now because everyone knows they're the ones with the real problems.

Will people ever f*cking realize that they shouldn't try to decide what people can do in their personal lives, and that they shouldn't worry about it because it doesn't effect them?

[end rant]

Sorry, had to vent.

I agree 100%

Well put. This is the saddest thread I have ever read at CEG. It truely shows the close mindedness and stupidity of the U.S. right now. It just blows me away. I guess growing up in close proximity to large cities has opened my mind to reality. I will not allow a book to dictate my beliefs or a guy in a robe to tell me whats best for my family. As I will not let either of these control my government.

My question is... is marriage a legal term or religious term?

Why is it that those who attempt to take a moral stance based on religious teachings are automatically characterized as not being capable of thinking for themselves? It's not possible that we considered the alternatives and came to a rational conclusion on our own. You base this on what, the end result that our opinions differ from yours?

I think some of it stems from the fact that MANY religious people do in fact attempt to force their beliefs and the bible's morals on others because in their eyes it is righteous to do "god's" work. The problem is these are usually the biggest hypocrites concerning religion because they totally disregard jesus' teachings of tolerance and forgiveness. Many religious people are close minded to anything that exists outside the realm of what their bible tells them. Obviously this is not all religious people but there are many extremists out there that give organized religion a bad name IMO.

Now I know you're going to fire back about homosexuals forcing their views on you so before you waste your time: No homosexual is asking you to TRY or BECOME homosexual. They are simply asking for equal rights under the law so that "they're forcing their lifestyle on me" arguement really doesn't work. Trust me, I was once on your side of this issue until I really objectively researched and thoght about the issue and I was forced to change my stance...and please spare me the Kerry flip flop jokes.

No, actually, i wasn't going to come back with anything. I just think it is very childish to say that someone who stands up for their morals and values, when based on religious teachings, can be nothing other than a puppet. It's a cop out when you (not you personally, freak) have no defense.

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
I have only read the past dozen posts or so, but if this has already been brought up then too bad.
My understanding of the legalization of gay marriages is that they want the right to be recognized as a married couple just like everyone else. However it is important to note that they also need to be married in order for them to recieve the rights of married couples. By this I mean take for instance two homosexual people are involved in a relationship for some time and they would have gotten married provided they could, and something happens to the other person and they die. All the stuff that, that person owns is taken away either given to the family of that person or the government, leaving the surviving spouse nothing. If they were married the survivng partner would be granted the rights the same as if a wife lost her husband and so forth.
Also without being married they can not obtain shared coverage on mportant things like life/health insurance etc. What happens if something were to happen to one of the people that were not or could not be covered, we the public would be covering it through our taxes.

I really dont care if they get married or not, its their deal. I guess whatever makes them happy, providing they arent trying to force their beliefs on me which I dont believe they are.

I also think its important to recognize the fact that it will eventually be legalized in the future so why prolong it. This is very similar to the issues the African Americans were dealing with regarding rights in the last century, and look where they are now.

It seems like the people with the most opposition to this are of the older generations. When they eventually become out numbered by the younger generations that dont see it as much of a problem as the current majority does it will be legalized.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Fact: The majority deems homosexual behavior as unacceptable. That may change in the future, but for now that's the way the cookie crumbles.

And as stated numerous times throughout this thread at one time the majority deemed may races as less than human and laws were made to limit those people's freedoms. The majority was wrong in those instances and it took many years and a civil rights movement to get things changed.

On another note Sandman: you keep talking about "hate the sin not the sinner" I coulda swore that most religions were against hate period? Didn't jesus preach about tolerance and love thy neighbor and do unto others etc etc etc? Forget about the old testament, please show me one quote where jesus ever said "gays are wrong" "don't ever let those gays marry because it's wrong" or anything to that affect. All you can do from a biblical perspective is quote old testament references. Most people who truly believe christ died for our sins admit that much of the old testament became obsolete after that moment due to christ dying for all man's sins. If you're going to use the bible to suport your arguement at least use ALL of it and not just the parts that conveniently fit your views.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Quote:

So if it's a choice...did heteros make the choice also?

Good Point

Quote:

I believe it has to do with upbringing. Parents dont provide the right guidence regarding these issues and the children simply become "confused".

Clearly this person hasn't ever met a gay person! Funniest thing said on here since the start of the thread!
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa x 1000

I nearly wet my pants... "confused."

05 Legacy GT Turbo 5speed 99 SVT GRN/TAN (sold) 06 Ford Explorer EBv8
Page 37 of 49 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard