Print Thread
Page 48 of 49 1 2 46 47 48 49
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
Originally posted by sigma:

I'm sorry, I don't see how it's an irrelevant reply to your statement that society finds gay marriage immoral but doesn't find inter-racial relationships the same.

Perhaps the point you're missing is that interracial relationships/marriages are still between one man and one woman. I daresay you know this already though. Thus, your comparison between it and homosexual marriage is now a nullified point.

I too expected better of you Sig. Maybe next time.

Originally posted by svtcarboy:

While nudists see nudity as a natural state, people are not fundamentally nudists or non nudists. While we are all born naked, nudists are not born that way. Gay people are.

So you say. Just as you can say this, I can say that I don't believe you can be born that way, or that nudists CAN'T be born the way they are.

WTF brought up nudists anyway? How does it fit into anything of the purpose in this thread?

And for nearly the 500th time, an opinion will be formed saying something that opposes this. And then another is spawned. This is getting old.

I'm the one that brought nudists into it, in an attempt to show that common morals and values can restrict what could be considered a right.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by bishop375:
Same-sex marriage has absolutely no impact on any heterosexual in America. The amendments banning same-sex marriage have a very real impact on homosexuals.

It is discrimination to place differing values on people for the way they are born.

As a society prizing freedom, we give up the ability to censor that which we don't like, but which does not harm us.

Perfectly said. All of you people who are screaming that gay marriage will somehow "destroy" the "sanctity of marriage" will gladly gloss over the fact that marriage doesn't mean what it used to in the first place. The definition is the same, perhaps, but the MEANING (read: a person's emotions regarding it) are different. The 50% rate of divorce should prove that to you.

I just do NOT understand how anybody's marriage will suddenly mean less if two men or two women can marry each other. Can ANY of you people looking to pen a Constitutional Amendment blatantly disallowing a portion of the citizenship of this country from marrying please explain to me how it will be lessened, without going into the slippery slope argument?

So because you see marriage going down the toilet, we should push the flush handle a bunch more times just to get it overwith?

Change isn't always good.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by bishop375:

I just do NOT understand how anybody's marriage will suddenly mean less if two men or two women can marry each other.

With the "divorce rate at 50%", marriage is already losing meaning, so you say. Homosexuality marriages don't need to be ammended and thus further chip away at damage already being done to the meaning.

Clear enough?

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by Sandman333:
That is all well and good, but only if you believe [gays] are born that way. The verdit is far from in on that one....

Forgive the paraphrase for clarity...

I am absolutely sure at least a significant percentage of gays are born that way, no matter what so called "experts" might say.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
That is all well and good, but only if you believe [gays] are born that way. The verdit is far from in on that one....

Forgive the paraphrase for clarity...

I am absolutely sure at least a significant percentage of gays are born that way, no matter what so called "experts" might say.

Yes, lets forget any and all scientific evidence...

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I fail to understand how having two men or two women entering the SAME commitment that a man and a woman now enter damages marriage in any way, shape, or form.

The thinking that gays and lesbians are somehow unworthy of entering this commitment and the commitment is made less if we somehow sully it is saying gays and lesbians aren't as good as heterosexuals.

I believe the people against gay marriage are doing more to harm the institution by turning it into one of hate and prejudice than gays and lesbians are by entering marriages with the same commitments, rights, and responsibilities.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z

When I am proof to the contrary.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
It's hardly "any and all". In fact you'd be much harder pressed to find a scientific study that claimed homosexuality wasn't at least predisposed in part by genetics. Not to say that they don't exist -- just that they're not nearly as prevalent. You can't get 2 doctors or scientists to agree exactly what causes heart attacks, let alone what causes homosexuality.

But most scientific studies conducted on homosexuality has proved it to be, at least in significant part, a genetic anamoly. Numerous studies have reached the same conclusions -- that the X chromosome contains the genes that are the largest 'causes' of homosexuality. It is unlikley that there's a single gene though and finding the exact combinations of genes that 'cause' homosexuality will take time. Genetics still is far from an exact science, but every year scientists get closer to pinpointing the genes that cause homosexuality.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

When I am proof to the contrary.

So you are a clinical psychiatrist capable of self-diagnosis then?

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Exactly why I said in an earlier post that the verdit is hardly in yet.

Page 48 of 49 1 2 46 47 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard