Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
J
J
I was out looking at my SVT today seeing how this spacer would fit, and it looks like it will fit fine if the rubber acordian tube were shortened to accomodate the TB from being 3/4 or however many inches its spaced away from the IM.

I did notice one llittle thing though, what about the bracket that holds the throttle cable and the cruise control cable? That would also have to move witht the TB, since the distance between the cable holders and the throttle lever is important.

"careful man, there's a beverage here."
e-mail: boseraq@hotmail.com
aol IM: madhat1412
D
D
Yes the lower right bracket mount would need to be shimmed (same thickness) and the upper just needs a extension. Simple fixes. The studs/bolts would most likely need to be replaced with longer ones too.
Since it's a complete unit itself it can be repositioned without screwing up any cable alignment.

As for a phenolic spacer. That what I used. A 5/8" piece of flat stock and drilled holes in it. Used a drill press and a cut out bit for the bore & then standard bit for the mounting holes. Used the 65mm TB gasket as a template.

I thought you were talking about the manifold itself.

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
G
G
I was talking about the manifold...
Demon, Why cant you just make a mold of one of the 6(or 2 of the 12) runners, and then make 6 of them, then you would just need to make a mold for the main part fo the upper intake(the central part, and you could do that in a top and bottom style setup... ) then just join them all togtether? would we also be making a lower manifold too? Because then you would run into more difficult setups..(ie postioning of the butterflies.. if you still want to use them.. and shape of the ports into the head...).. oh well.. just rambling on while im on break at work...

Tony Blatnica
99 Contour SE-Sport 2.5ATX
SVT Exhaust - Removed resonator
TH-Fix
J
J
demon, have you driven your car with this spacer installed yet? how is it?

"careful man, there's a beverage here."
e-mail: boseraq@hotmail.com
aol IM: madhat1412
D
D
Nope. Not enough room to fit it in my intake setup "as is"

This will change in the near future. laugh

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
T
T
Very interesting thread, id like to see someone get some dyno numbers with these setups. Also, what about the twin TB intake that I heard terry is working on, or is that hush hush???

1999 Silver Frost SVT
#609 of 2760
Born on 12/3/98

KKM Intake
Removed Resonator
35% Window Tint all around
Tinted Tail Lights
ElKy Mesh Grilles
HID

Dyno'ed at 175.3HP/155.5TQ

"How much must I live through just to get away..."
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12