O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Stazi:
Sand in the fuel tank?

PS how on earth could you miss the fuel rail purge valve?

pics would help

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
You're a lost cause. We told you where the damn thing is, and what it looks like.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Sand in the fuel tank?

PS how on earth could you miss the fuel rail purge valve?

I don't know?

The schrader valve, aka tire valve, on the fuel rail is covered by a black cap. The fule line should be rather shinny and the valve and cap point up.

-Aureo

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
You're a lost cause. We told you where the damn thing is, and what it looks like.

That's its a valve somewhere underneath the upper intake manifold ? That's helpful , I dont' even know which side of the manifold, what wire/line/tubing is the fuel run out of the hundreds there.

A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Throttle body is not the intake manifold. The Throttle body is where the big butterfly valve is that moderates air flow. The fuel pressure release valve is below is under a black cap on a shinny silver tube that goes right int he center of the engine below the intake manifold.

Read!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Andy W.:
Throttle body is not the intake manifold. The Throttle body is where the big butterfly valve is that moderates air flow. The fuel pressure release valve is below is under a black cap on a shinny silver tube that goes right int he center of the engine below the intake manifold.

Read!

-Andy

centre of the engine below the intake manifold ?

I know what the intake manifold is, its beneath the valve cover.

Are you saying I had to unscrew the valve cover and get directly *underneath* the intake manifold and depress a valve in the centre ?

A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Take off the flex hose that runs from you TB to the air filter. Look just under the throttle body, you should see it there. The fuel rail goes up under the intake manifold the valve is just outside. It might have a black cap on it that looks like a big tire valve stem cap.

-Andy

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
You obviously DON'T know what the hell the intake manifold is! Cheese-us-rice!

It's the big damn nest of black snakes on the top of the damn engine. Attached to that is a silver throttle body, under that is the fuel rail tha goes under the UIM, and on that fuel rail is the valve, yes, just like on you wheels.

Crap, my girlfriend could find it if I told her, and she knows very little about cars!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Andy W.:
Take off the flex hose that runs from you TB to the air filter. Look just under the throttle body, you should see it there. The fuel rail goes up under the intake manifold the valve is just outside. It might have a black cap on it that looks like a big tire valve stem cap.

-Andy

Hm, k that makes it a bit clearer.

I think I'll have to clean my TB too, so I'm going to have to take it off (prepare for more posts from me lol).

I'll take a look when its off and see if I can see it. On my previous car, it was actually a small valve directly showing a couple inches from the dipstick. I thoguht it was as easy as that.

Thanks.

O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
You obviously DON'T know what the hell the intake manifold is! Cheese-us-rice!

It's the big damn nest of black snakes on the top of the damn engine. Attached to that is a silver throttle body, under that is the fuel rail tha goes under the UIM, and on that fuel rail is the valve, yes, just like on you wheels.

Crap, my girlfriend could find it if I told her, and she knows very little about cars!

Chill the [censored] out.

I can't ask questions anymore ? WTF.

It's great you've got oodles of time to figure this [censored] out, I don't.

If you don't want to answer, then just stop reading the [censored] thread.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard