Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
There is a valve on the fuel rail, like what's on your wheels. It's just as the fuel rail enters the underside of the UIM. You can depress the middle of it and see if fuel squirt outs (watch your eyes!).

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
When I replaced my filter, I did exaclty what stazi did. Cept, I basterdized an old aircompressor hose with a tire valve end, stuck it right on there, and the gas shoots out the hose into a bucket.

One question though. Did you relieve pressure in the tank by unscrewing the gas cap? If you did, did you tighten it back down after words? If not, the tank (since it was under no pressure when you changed the filter, will not pressure back up if thae cap is loose. Check that. That sounds like your problem there.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
that will also make the CEL come on...
Originally posted by LilRedRocket:

One question though. Did you relieve pressure in the tank by unscrewing the gas cap? If you did, did you tighten it back down after words? If not, the tank (since it was under no pressure when you changed the filter, will not pressure back up if thae cap is loose. Check that. That sounds like your problem there.

Ryan Trollin!
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Right.. but sometimes not immediatly. And besides, he won't know if the car won't stay running. CEL stays lit when the key is turned to accesories, and thats as far as he can get. It wouldn't have thrown a CEL immediatly when it was running for the 2 minutes. In my mind, it all makes sense and is a very big possibility. Forgeting to tighten down the cap would lead to all of this.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
I drove for a half a tank without the gas cap on before the cel showed up on mine ...

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Alright my best advice to is your hands off of your and any car for that matter. If you cant change a fuel filter without creating a problem like this then your just arent meant for cars.
I have changed hundreds of fuel filters and never had any problem, easy take off put new one on type of thing.

W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Go get the flu ( not the shot, the cold ) Get all medicated and have a few hours less sleep. Wait until dark and then go tackle the problem. You'll have a totally different perspective on things. Its the only way I solved my clutch cable problems on my VW

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I have to agree with the kid...
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
Alright my best advice to is your hands off of your and any car for that matter. If you cant change a fuel filter without creating a problem like this then your just arent meant for cars.

Ryan Trollin!
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by ODC:
THanks,

DJ Capp, calrification, it only started once after the filter was changed, then when I put the old filter back on, barely started (probably from the fuel left in the old filter) but never fully got up and running.

My point was that where I'm from "cranking" and "turns over" mean the same thing. You said in your original posts that sometimes it cranks sometimes it turns over

So did you get it fixed??

BTW hitman, if your only 16 i doubt you've changed "hundreds" of fuel filters. I'm 26 and I've changed a grand total of 1 in my life!!!

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by DJ Capp 911:
Originally posted by ODC:
THanks,

DJ Capp, calrification, it only started once after the filter was changed, then when I put the old filter back on, barely started (probably from the fuel left in the old filter) but never fully got up and running.

My point was that where I'm from "cranking" and "turns over" mean the same thing. You said in your original posts that sometimes it cranks sometimes it turns over

So did you get it fixed??

BTW hitman, if your only 16 i doubt you've changed "hundreds" of fuel filters. I'm 26 and I've changed a grand total of 1 in my life!!!

Yeah... I was gonna say that too. Hundreds of fuel filters my arse. Our Pontiac Buick GMC Truck dealership service department won't even change that many in 2 years. Our fuel filter tally count over the last 2 as of today is like 103.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard