Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Pop your fuel line loose at the engine and make sure it is pumping the fule to the engine, maybe there is just air trapped in the system.

O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Booger:
Pop your fuel line loose at the engine and make sure it is pumping the fule to the engine, maybe there is just air trapped in the system.

How would I go around doing this ?

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Find where the fuel line enters the engine compartment and first plugs to the fuel rail. You can either aim it down somehow or put it into a bottle of some sort, then trun the ignition to on, but not start it. Turn it on and off a couple times then check to see if anything spilled into the bottle, or have someone help you by turning the car on and off while you watch the hose.

O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Find where the fuel line enters the engine compartment and first plugs to the fuel rail. You can either aim it down somehow or put it into a bottle of some sort, then trun the ignition to on, but not start it. Turn it on and off a couple times then check to see if anything spilled into the bottle, or have someone help you by turning the car on and off while you watch the hose.

When we pulled out the new filter to put back the old one, there was hardly any fuel coming out of the line that ran to the engine, but there was fuel coming out both sides in the fuel filter.

On my old corsica, there was a little tab you could depress that flushed the fuel line automatically (squirted fuel in the air), is there anything similar on the contour ?

I don't feel comfortable pulling out wires and [censored] when I have to be in the office at 9 tommorow. I'm already going to call in a half day cause I have to deal with this [censored] and bringing it to the dealership.

I knew this wasn't a good idea, and beyond my capabilities.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
It should just be a hose clamped to a fitting taht you are looking for on the engine. No harder than anything you have already done. I don't know of a bleeder valve or anything for the fuel system, I'm pretty sure there isn't.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by ODC:

I knew this wasn't a good idea, and beyond my capabilities.

This isn't beyond your capabilities. Something bizarre and simple is just being overlooked, or a previous problem is now coming up. This is just as simple as changing your oil, if not simpler, I just can't figure out what happened here.

The idea mentioned before is a good one. That method would check to be sure that your fuel rail is being fed with fuel, and if not, you know that your problem is fuel filter---> pump/tank, not engine <---- Fuel filter.

Good luck figuring it out either way, let us know how it goes.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
OH YEAH!! When you turn the car to ON, you should hear a buzzing/whiring sound coming from the backseat, thats your pump priming the system for start up, if you aren't hearing that check a fuse, then the connections to the pump. To check the pump, lift on the front of the rear seat, push down on the back and pull foward (or somthing like that) and then there should be a round black piece of rubber in the center where the seat was, the pump and tank are under that big plug.

O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
OH YEAH!! When you turn the car to ON, you should hear a buzzing/whiring sound coming from the backseat, thats your pump priming the system for start up, if you aren't hearing that check a fuse, then the connections to the pump. To check the pump, lift on the front of the rear seat, push down on the back and pull foward (or somthing like that) and then there should be a round black piece of rubber in the center where the seat was, the pump and tank are under that big plug.

I don't know if I'm going to go that far.

I'll see if I can find the fuel line and put it in a bottle and start the car, otherwise I'll just call Furd.

edit:

Okay, now that you mention it, when I turn the ignition to on (not start), i do hear a whirr and then stops after a second or two, i thought it was the cd radio but I remember its off.

So the fuel pump works right ?

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
You can buy a fuel pressure gauge for about $30 (autozone and the like), or might round up someone near you who has one.

With that, you can check the pressure in the engine bay.

Remove the backseat lower cushion (pretty easy) and you should hear the pump working under the rubber seal without taking apart anything.

If you are a more adventurous type, you can remove the fuel pump side hose from the filter and blip the key ON for just a moment and get someone observe how far the fuel sprays from the hose. If your pump is OK, at 30 PSI it should be spectacular.
Be very careful through if you go this way.

T.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard