Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
On my mystique I have a fuel cutoff switch... supposed to be for if you get into an accident I think cuts off all fuel... By your brake foot along the side by the door underneath the dash...

I don't know if its a flip switch or what but I do know that
there is a type of switch down there... and its a fuel pump switch.

STeve

Steven. L. Benthal Jr. 98 Mystique: Meshed Grille & Pioneer Sound System
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by ODC:
'prime the filter' ? wha, why don't they put this stuff in the manuals. thanks, I'll go try that.

uh, it's in my haynes manual...you know how you had to unplug the fuse, and let all the fuel that was in the lines run through before you changed the filter? well, you gotta fill the lines back up afterwards. you have to turn the key into the "on" position (don't try to turn it over, just so the door chimes and such come on) 6-10 times as stated before. as for the fuel cutoff switch...every car (that I know of) has one, I just don't know where ours is. never needed to use it. it does just that, cuts the fuel off.

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D

sometimes it turns over (i think) sometimes it doesn't.

most of the time its just cranking.

Am i missing something here????

O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
THanks,

I tried priming the car, turning the key till allthe lights came on but not start, did this a couple times and tried to start, no dice.

DJ Capp, calrification, it only started once after the filter was changed, then when I put the old filter back on, barely started (probably from the fuel left in the old filter) but never fully got up and running.

The car is dead right now, I'm just going to bring it to Ford. I'd keep [censored] around with it, but I've got fuel all over my arm once and I'm not very comfortable dealing with fuel stuff. Changing the oil is one thing, but I'm not going to [censored] with this any more before I really mess up my poor car.

I just [censored] suck dealing with car mech.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
How much gas did you have in the tank prior to changing the filter?

Chris G. ~ 98 Mystique LS ATX
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Yeah, fuses are back in, and the flow is correct (circular area facing tank, flat area facing engine).

large arrows saying 'IN' facing towards the rear of the car (line coming from the fuel tank).

damnit.

Shoudln't the arrow point towards the front of the car? I've done mine 2 or 3 times and helped a frined do his S80, no problems.

Also, FWIW, I never pull the fuse. The fuel only spills for a second. Wear eye protections and no smoking and you should be fine. I know I am opening a can of worms for this, I think we have had this argument many a time before.

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
No, he has it right. Circular side in back, flat in front is correct.

Chris G. ~ 98 Mystique LS ATX
O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Eric L:
Yeah, fuses are back in, and the flow is correct (circular area facing tank, flat area facing engine).

large arrows saying 'IN' facing towards the rear of the car (line coming from the fuel tank).

damnit.

Shoudln't the arrow point towards the front of the car? I've done mine 2 or 3 times and helped a frined do his S80, no problems.

Also, FWIW, I never pull the fuse. The fuel only spills for a second. Wear eye protections and no smoking and you should be fine. I know I am opening a can of worms for this, I think we have had this argument many a time before.

there's two arrows, one on the side which points to the front, two on the rounded top where the fuel tank line runs to.

there's about a quarter and a half left in the tank.

T
TjZ Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Have a digital camera or someone with one just go take a picture then we can be sure of this matter of it its on the right way.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
I think I bought the WIX filter, here is a pic of it installed:

Its kind of hard to get under the car to get the pic. Hopefully this will help some?

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard