Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
[censored]

I replaced my fuel filter with a fram unit, connections are fine, flow is proper, started the car and it was fine for a few minutes till it started sputtering and then stalled out

it won't start again anymore.

WTF IS WRONG !???

GODDAMNIT.

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
i think you probably installed it backwards. i believe they only flow one direction.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Did you reinstall the fuses (if pulled)?

Chris G. ~ 98 Mystique LS ATX
O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Yeah, fuses are back in, and the flow is correct (circular area facing tank, flat area facing engine).

large arrows saying 'IN' facing towards the rear of the car (line coming from the fuel tank).

damnit.

T
TjZ Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by ODC:
Yeah, fuses are back in, and the flow is correct (circular area facing tank, flat area facing engine).

large arrows saying 'IN' facing towards the rear of the car (line coming from the fuel tank).

damnit.

Looked my fuel filter seems right the part that says IN is facing my right rear tire if I was in the driver seat of the car. Also check the hoses if you have one lose it could be pulling in air or something. Good Luck

O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
I put the old filter back on.

Still no dice,

checked the hoses and everything, it's all kosher.

goddamnit.

I dont' get it. The car started fine with the new filter, then just died. I even pulled out the TH fix to see if that was it.

I'm going to play dumb and call Ford tommorow and get them to deal with it.

Now my car isn't working, I don't know what I [censored] up, I've got gasoline all over my arm, and my garage smells like a gas station.

[censored] hell, I should just paid Ford 60 bucks, this isn't worth it.

CEG\'er
CEG\'er

Did you prime the fuel filter after installing it ? turning the key to the "on" position not the run then turn it back off. do this 6-10 times and it just might start.

-2000 csvt silver frost #1619 -magnaflow 14415 -optimized T/B & y-pipe -superchips xgt1 -75mm proflow maf -K&N RU-3530 -fsvt smart pump # 354Z-9H307-BC -spec stage one, LSD -low-tek,a/f,oil press.,volts -B&M short shifter -17" konig gt-r
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Yep, I believe you're the first one to have this problem. I've helped many a person out with this one, and never heard of this. Is it cranking, but just not turning over? If so, it sounds like you definitely have something in your lines, bad connections(air), wrong facing filter, or your fuse is shot. Try replacing the fuse, and make SURE it's in the right spot. Take a look at the underdash fuses also, just in case. Good luck. Since you didn't really break into anything serious in the car, you really shouldn't have a serious problem on your hands. Chances are it's something simple that is just being overlooked.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
What about the fuel cutoff switch underneath the dash on the driver's side?

Steve

Steven. L. Benthal Jr. 98 Mystique: Meshed Grille & Pioneer Sound System
O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
'prime the filter' ? wha, why don't they put this stuff in the manuals. thanks, I'll go try that.

sometimes it turns over (i think) sometimes it doesn't.

most of the time its just cranking.

what pisses me off is that the [censored] car STARTED properly for a couple minutes when I put the new one in, then it STALLED AND DIED and wouldn't come back.

I had depressurized the fuel lines prior to changing, so there had to be fuel come in.

How would I check the lines to be sure !?

I used a different spare fuse, that wasn't it, I know for a fact its flowing properly.

what fuel cutoff switch !?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard