W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by scottd60:
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Originally posted by BigT:
Anybody have Koni's with Eibach springs? If so are you happy?

Scott

Search the suspension thread....i have seen so many of them . I am looking at the same setup. A lot of people talk about the rear end "being too low" than the front. It's the way the fender is made. But i have seen many 'Tours with that setup and i thought it looked fine . Personal preference...hehe

I was about to ask the same thing. I've got Eibach's and Bilstein's. The rear went down fine but the front doesn't look like it did (even tho it did some). I'm just wondering if different struts would matter or if the Eibach's will make the stance stay the same. As I understand it, the springs determine the height, not the struts.

I like the way my car sits with the Eibach's and SVT struts...it's about 1/4" lower then SVTPete's car (Koni's and GC). It dropped between 1 3/4" and 2", NOT the 1 1/4" Eibach advertises...but I like it just fine

I'm looking for the Koni's to firm up the ride a little more and reduce dive under braking and deceleration. I know the ride will be a bit harsher but I'm fine with that

Scott

Your's looks like mine in the rear but not in the front. I like yours much better. Are you thinking you'll still be as low all around with the new Koni's?"

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
M
Malibu Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Hey guys! Good to hear you're getting your struts so soon.

Just thought I would post an update and let you know that I have updated the list with those orders which have been shipped. The most recent 3 orders are being shipped today or Monday, I know it's a couple days later than it should have been, however, we ran into a minor supply problem that has been cleared up and you should receive your struts by Thursday or Friday of next week at the latest.

Again, we apologize for the delay.

Stacey

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I didn't get mine today.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
Got mine today, thank you very much! Yesssss! Drop time!

It's about time you got with the program John...19's and stock ride height

Ordered my Koni's yesterday, just couldn't pass this up...45K on the stock SVT struts. They should go real nice with my Eibach's

Scott

LOL Scott! I hadn't installed the shoes yet. So there, I wasn't riding around all high and mighty. I'm glad you got in on this deal. Your ride is gonna be even suhweeter!

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Hope you can do this down the line again... I will be in for sure in about 2 months....

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
It's a good possibility. You guys have so far filled EVERY one of the purchased spots so far. The NECO guys, for one reason or another, haven't jumped on this. :shrug:

Maybe because it wasn't for a body kit

--Adam

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by GForceAuto:
It's a good possibility. You guys have so far filled EVERY one of the purchased spots so far. The NECO guys, for one reason or another, haven't jumped on this. :shrug:

Say it ain't so!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
any chance of a gb on bilstiens malibu?

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by GForceAuto:

Say it ain't so!

ever been over there? sad but true.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by RogerB:
Nothing yet. This is worse (better) than Christmas.

They were waiting on my porch Friday (5 Nov)!

Now I just have to wait for my other parts. Wish I could throw them on, now, but in the meantime, I guess I'll just have to cuddle them while I sleep.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard