Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
DDV Offline
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by tropictour:
Thanks to DDV for the TH fix.-tropictour

You're welcome! What'd you think of it afterward?

Auiotour--glad to be of some help and sorry I couldn't stay longer.

It's looking good! (Saw the pics on the other link.)

A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
btw, you leavign the TH fixes behind really helped, we needed something to seperate the fuel lines, and using the TH Fix we cut the end off, then cut them in half and used them to pry apart the fuel lines, once the pieces were done, we did it in a few seconds. worked perfect.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by auiotour:
btw, you leavign the TH fixes behind really helped, we needed something to seperate the fuel lines, and using the TH Fix we cut the end off, then cut them in half and used them to pry apart the fuel lines, once the pieces were done, we did it in a few seconds. worked perfect.

HAHA!
The TH is like night and day difference. If I would of known the difference I would have done it sooner.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I want to thank everyone again for coming and helping with my car. Tonight it ran for its first time around 6:30. we had the positive and negative start wires (both black identical in size everything) plugged into the negative wiring. So we undid the wiring and changed the wires over. Ran the car a for a few minutes and it sucked up the 6 quarts of oil quite quickly, we ended up adding a seventh quart do to the new filter, and the super charger it used it right up. I really wish i would have drove in mikes car when he had the super charger, so I could have known the difference between his and mine. Ohh well, headers and ypipe will be coming soon enough. I just got to say David and leaf (sp?) not sure how to spell your name. Anyways when you get the time I will take you for an exciting ride in my car. Thank you guys for helping me so much. I do appeciate it so much.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Its Leif. Its cool. Good to hear you got it running. Yeah it would have been nice to compare it to something. But hey now your gonna need to upgrade that transmission.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Sweet! Can't wait for a ride!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I either filled the oil slightly to much, (though the dip stick isn't showing that), or getting leaks since switching to synthetic, or I didn't tighten the oil pan on to spec correctly.

D
DDV Offline
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by auiotour:
I just got to say David when you get the time I will take you for an exciting ride in my car.

I don't know if I want a ride. I've seen you drive!!

Glad to hear it's on the road. NOW--go get it dyno'ed!!

A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I will be dynoing it next week most likely. And maybe doing some tunning then to. Not sure. I have some bills I gotta catch up on.

Super Charger: 1300
MyCheck Bouncing, [censored] mike: $145 (paid mike $125.00 for his troubles from his bank)
Xcaliber SCT microtuner $550 with shipping
Oil Pan from David $90
Misc Parts $70
Intake $43.xx with tax
MAF Adapter $30 from russel3l
magnecor wires $134.XX shipped 3 day
Autolight APP764 Plugs $23.XX with tax
K&N oil filter $10.83 with tax
Fram Fuel Filter $10.83 with tax
Mobil 1 Syn Oil $38.06 with tax
A-Pillar Gauge Setup $54.XX with shipping
Beer $8.00
Premium gas (first tank) $26.00

So total this project ran me 2532.XX. Wow spent a lot more then I thought I did. I think I might have done my math wrong. Ohh well, it was a spendy project. maybe I am not to far off. Yea, thats about right. Thought I would get away with under 2k. haha that was way under. So I spent another $500 or so I didn't expect to spend. So now I am behind on my credit cards. About 380! so this next paycheck is gonna be ate up pretty much.

D
DDV Offline
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Oil Pan from David $90

Nope; it was only $70.

You still got off cheap; buying the S/C new would have cost you more than that just by itself.

Beer: $8.00
Dude, next time, buy some real beer!

Just kidding, of course!

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard