Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Did my first track event this past weekend. It was a blast! A friend of mine with a STi invited me to go w/ him and some friends (other subbies, including 3 more STi's). The track is about 3/4 mile and is used primarily for gocarts, but big enough for full size cars. Those STi's are unbelievable! I rode co-pilot in an 05 for a couple of laps...mmmm. My SVT did pretty good, need some better tires (they were like grease after 4 or 5 laps). My best lap was 8 seconds behind the fasted STi and 3 seconds behind the WRX's. All of the subbies had mods, whereas my only "performance" mod is a drop-in K&N. With a better suspension and tires, I could easily keep pace w/ the WRX's, still no match for the STi though. Here's a link to a video of the track w/ the STi's buzzing around: SLMP

Fun, fun, fun....

1999 Contour SVT #1966/2760, Silver Frost/Midnight Blue Koni Kit, Mille Miglia MM-S rims, B&M shifter, Stazi mesh, SFCs, optimized Y-pipe & TB, SS break lines, K&N drop-in, Infinity Kappa speakers, MTX amp/sub
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Where are the leaves on the trees???? Is it that cold up there already? Yikes!

Looks like two cars per session and ~10 cars total? What was the cost?

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Cost was $50 for the whole w/n. Most of the time it was a single car on the track, although a few times there were 3 or 4 cars out there at a time (atleast a 1/4 lap apart, no tire to tire racing). Think there was 12 cars total (10 subbies, an older S4 and me). Yes, it's getting very cold up here in the Northeast!!

1999 Contour SVT #1966/2760, Silver Frost/Midnight Blue Koni Kit, Mille Miglia MM-S rims, B&M shifter, Stazi mesh, SFCs, optimized Y-pipe & TB, SS break lines, K&N drop-in, Infinity Kappa speakers, MTX amp/sub

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard