Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1085945 10/24/04 12:17 AM
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
I read the how-to for this mod and i wanna know if someone ever did this with a sunroof.Thanks.

Nic.

Contour 99 MTX V6 fully loaded, stock with 110000km. Illuminated sunroof switch. About to do the mystique rear dome light conversion with eyeball dome light.
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Nic_ContourSE99:
I read the how-to for this mod and i wanna know if someone ever did this with a sunroof.Thanks.

Nic.

word, wondering the same too, gets awfully dark in the car at night

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I did it & it was WELL worth the effort !! Having the sunroof might actually make it easier . I followed the How-To and just removed the rubber trim stuff around the sunroof opening (inside the car) , ran the wires around the sunroof , then just fed the wires back to the hole where the light will be . Easy as pie . Without a sunroof , you must run the wires a longer distance above the headliner to the rear . The hardest part of all was getting up the stones to cut the headliner . Remember , you only get one chance , so measure twice - cut once ! Cut a small hole first , then enlarge it to fit the square hole in the roof brace .

Do it , you'll be glad you did .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Y2KMondeoSVT:
I did it & it was WELL worth the effort !! Having the sunroof might actually make it easier . Without a sunroof , you must run the wires a longer distance above the headliner to the rear .

How far from the back is it to clear the opening of the sunroof? It's surely easier with the sunroof cuz you just have to dropthe headliner. Why did you said that you need longer wires w/o the sunroof? That sounds weird to me, should be the inverse, longer wires with sunroof to bypass it.

Nic.

Contour 99 MTX V6 fully loaded, stock with 110000km. Illuminated sunroof switch. About to do the mystique rear dome light conversion with eyeball dome light.
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Some take pics of this. I've been wanting to do this forever. Ih ave the printed out instructions on my bulletin board now. Just need the time and courage to cut that hole.

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Nate'sTour:
Some take pics of this.

Who got pictures?

Nic.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
You misunderstood what I was saying ... It's not the LENGTH of the WIRE itself , it's the DISTANCE you must RUN the WIRES above the headliner from the rear of the sunroof . Around the sunroof (with the rubber trim removed) you can tuck the wires in , right around the sunroof . From there (at the rear of the sunroof) , you must run the wires to the back (23 inches) . Without a sunroof , you must run it clear from the light up front , all the way to the rear light (which is 43 inches) . See what I'm saying ??

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Nate'sTour:
Some take pics of this. I've been wanting to do this forever. Ih ave the printed out instructions on my bulletin board now. Just need the time and courage to cut that hole.

I shouldn't type when drunk

"Someone" take pictures of this mod. I'd like to see the finished product!

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Y2KMondeoSVT:
You misunderstood what I was saying ... It's not the LENGTH of the WIRE itself , it's the DISTANCE you must RUN the WIRES above the headliner from the rear of the sunroof . Around the sunroof (with the rubber trim removed) you can tuck the wires in , right around the sunroof . From there (at the rear of the sunroof) , you must run the wires to the back (23 inches) . Without a sunroof , you must run it clear from the light up front , all the way to the rear light (which is 43 inches) . See what I'm saying ??

Alright, did you solder the wires or use harness?�¨

Nic.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I bought wire & connectors & made my own harness (taped it up ,etc.) . It's really not that complicated that you need to look for a factory harness .

If noone comes up with a pic , I'll try to get out & take a pic of the finished product for you . It's covered up in the garage (don't drive it that much ) .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard