Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Wow, you get worse gas mileage than my V6, and I only get 230-250 miles per tank. That really sucks, I feel for you. I heard somewhere that Contiques have the gas mileage of a Corvette, is this true?

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ContourKev:
Fuel injectors cleaned

It idles alittle rough when she has warmed up around 10-15 minutes of usage, vibrates terribly at stop lights when warmed up.

Sounds like a fuel injector is stuck open, or the injector wire may be pinched, shorted. This will allow the car to run near normally when cold, but rough when warm.

Check the voltage to the injector plugs one at a time with key on, engine off to see if you've got current when there shouldn't be any. If the wiring checks out OK, you'll need to check the injectors. The condition of the plugs may point you in the direction of which injector may be at fault and need replacing.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Well I went ahead and decided to fix my timing belt anyway, You could obviously tell they wernt correctly aligned...

1 cam was just a few degrees off from the other... Waiting for Woodfield Ford stealership to get my retaining pin so I can install the spring for the tensioner for the timing belt pulley. Then hopefully she'll run great again, like she did when i first bought her....

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I usually get about 220-250 a tank and i have about 1/8 of a tank or less. have been getting that mileage for about 18 months now and the car appears to run fine

Troy

99 Contour SE Sport
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Let us know what happens to your fuel mileage.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Damn, guys - 200, 250 miles? If I don't get at least 300 miles before the low fuel light comes on I start thinking tune-up.

98 V6 Mystique

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
not to highjack the post but my low fuel light doesn't turn on and the bulb isn't burned out. Did some tours/tique not come with this feature? Is there a way to upgrade it so it does?

ATX MTX swap, rear drum disc swap, drilled rotors, ported intake, optim throttle body, CAI, 7.5L MAF, adj. fuel regulator, longtube headers, underdrive pulley, no EGR, low inpedence bigger injectors, 2002 Focus Swap
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by 96mercury:
not to highjack the post but my low fuel light doesn't turn on and the bulb isn't burned out. Did some tours/tique not come with this feature? Is there a way to upgrade it so it does?

98+ tours have it

97 and older have no idiot light

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Ali as Jerk:
I think you need to change your IAC valve, its very common for them to get all sticky and nasty at around 100K miles. I need to do mine, but not horribly. So im putting it off till I can get the tools to do it.

What tools?? Doesn't take anything special...

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
i did my last tune up around last feburary. I have not changed my IAC or TPS sensor. I gave ford performance a call to get pricing on new parts and will be getting them and also cleaning my intake manifolds.

Troy

99 Contour SE Sport
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard