Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I do every possible thing to my contour to improve gas milage, but its getting WORSE!!!!

Today, odometer reads 204 miles, Gas tank = almost less than 1/4 left of fuel.

I checked compression, getting around 135 range.

Changed spark plugs recently, changed Ignition coil due to a scope showing some weird things with mine

Checked o2 sensor at school, the comptuer correctly reads it

PCV Valve has been changed

Oil correctly changed, Transaxle fluids changed

EGR Valve NOT Opening, but I am told that shouldn't make my gas milage suck this terribly!

Do not excessivly idle, Air filter is clean, air box is tightly installed. New MAF.

Fuel injectors cleaned

It idles alittle rough when she has warmed up around 10-15 minutes of usage, vibrates terribly at stop lights when warmed up.

Im thinking my timing belt is slightly off... This is pissing me off though....

I unplugged my A/C Clutch for winter, so I can use Defrost without my A/C stealing power from me.

I have used VERY gentle driving habits, I havnt red-lined the engine once on this fillup.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
I think you need to change your IAC valve, its very common for them to get all sticky and nasty at around 100K miles. I need to do mine, but not horribly. So im putting it off till I can get the tools to do it.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Does his Zetec engine have an IAC?

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Is your Check Engine Light on for your EGR valve issue? If so any CEL forces the car into "limp mode", runs rich, to protect itself that could cause the drop.

Plugs, wires, fuel filter I didnt see those listed.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
Is your Check Engine Light on for your EGR valve issue? If so any CEL forces the car into "limp mode", runs rich, to protect itself that could cause the drop.

Plugs, wires, fuel filter I didnt see those listed.

Plugs, wires, and fuel filter were all changed recently too, during the spring/summer for fuel filter, plugs and wires in summer

Yes, but even on Limp home mode, my zetec shouldnt be getting gas milage like a Hummer H2. On Limp home mode i should at least get 250-300 miles out of a tank...

(IAC was tested, functions normally too btw )

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Maybe the problem isn't under the hood. Check for a sticking e-brake cable or brake cylinder. Jack up the rear end with the brake off and see if you can spin the wheels easily by hand.

Put it in neutral and do the some thing with the front wheels. No e-brake up there but a possible rubbing problem.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I wonder if your main cat is plugged?

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Tires spin fine (all 4) it was recently on a lift, main cat.... dont know...... wonder if i plug it on the exaust gas analyzer if i can find anything out

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I don't know it it will pick that up. You might have to put it on a lift and pull the cat to see if it is plugged at the inlet.

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ContourKev:
Im thinking my timing belt is slightly off

There is no "slightly off," if it's off then your car will run f'd up.

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard