Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#108507 10/29/01 02:47 PM
S
SalKhan Offline OP
OP Offline
S
For all you Zetec owners out there, straight from Jackson Racing's Webpage... Think it'll fit the SVT Focus? Hmmm....
http://www.jacksonracing.com/pages/sprchrgrfoc.html

From the website
"Jackson Racing 2.0L Zetec Focus Supercharger (M-6066-ZX3*)
Achieve instantaneous throttle response and tremendous mid-range torque by
installing a Jackson Racing supercharger system. This easy-to-install system
bolts on in a matter of hours and fits completely under the hood with no
permanent modifications required. A great way for Focus enthusiasts to
experience a substantial increase in horsepower and mid-range torque.
Suggested Retail: $2,795.00 "

Sal Khan

'00 Silver SVT - KKM, SMA Torque brace.

'00.5 Aprilia RSV Mille - Renegade 2-2 Exhaust, Renegade Air Kit, lots of chips, Evoluzione Ignition Amp, 44t Rear Sprocket

Want to see what I did for lunch today? Check out http://www.mindspring.com/~salk/Lunch/LunchJournal.html !!!
#108508 10/29/01 03:37 PM
R
Administrator
Administrator
R
it should, though it may need some modification to fit, as no-one really knows yet how different the SVT intake etc. is.

It's all about balance.

bcphillips@peoplepc.com
#108509 10/29/01 03:42 PM
S
SalKhan Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Lets not forget that wonderfully high compression ratio the SVTF will use (probably?) so you may have to turn down the boost, eh? Wait... that... sounds... Familiar. laugh smile

I dunno... maybe just me... but just literally thinking about it - a 4 Cylinder Machine always seemed too small and anemic for a supercharger to me. It's already down on HP in N/A form... That parasite-of-a-blower would make it beg for help...

... but that's just me. laugh

Sal Khan

'00.5 Aprilia RSV Mille - Renegade 2-2 Exhaust, Renegade Air Kit, lots of chips, Evoluzione Ignition Amp, 44t Rear Sprocket

Want to see what I did for lunch today? Check out http://www.mindspring.com/~salk/Lunch/LunchJournal.html !!!
#108510 10/29/01 07:56 PM
P
Master P
Master P
P
Yea, the JRSC on the normal Focus makes about 50HP over a stock Focus. For not much more, you can get an Aerocharger and be pushing 200hp and 220lb/ft to the wheels.

But, Bill J. says that if the JRSC is installed by the dealer, that it will be covered under the factory warranty and ESP... that will make it very attractive to lots of folks.

#108511 10/29/01 08:03 PM
S
SalKhan Offline OP
OP Offline
S
THat I did not know. And that's DEFINITLY not a bad for a little Focus. Neat bragging rights too! laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by perry:
Yea, the JRSC on the normal Focus makes about 50HP over a stock Focus. For not much more, you can get an Aerocharger and be pushing 200hp and 220lb/ft to the wheels.

But, Bill J. says that if the JRSC is installed by the dealer, that it will be covered under the factory warranty and ESP... that will make it very attractive to lots of folks.

Sal Khan

#108512 10/29/01 08:09 PM
P
Master P
Master P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by SalKhan:
THat I did not know. And that's DEFINITLY not a bad for a little Focus. Neat bragging rights too! laugh

Oh, I figured you pulled that quote from the mailing list, because Bill just posted about it this morning, and then later followed up with the warranty info.

At any rate, sounds like Ford is starting to cater to the racers. They finally noticed the writing on the wall. Woulda been nicer if they had found a turbo system instead of an SC, but beggers can't be choosers.

#108513 10/29/01 08:17 PM
S
SalKhan Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Heh... Actually I did but I didn't read the page too much, just saw the graph right away and threw it at the masses.

I really hope they do it right though. I swore off all Ford (And pretty much American products for my range) but I would highly consider a hopped up Focus (must have AWD though) or maybe... maybe... a Lincoln/Mercury-ized Mondeo - but not likely. I just think a Turbo AWD rocket the size of the Focus (Or even the Peugot 206! But that's a different board laugh :)) would be fantastic.

Sorry... Back to sleep now. laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by perry:

Oh, I figured you pulled that quote from the mailing list, because Bill just posted about it this morning, and then later followed up with the warranty info.

At any rate, sounds like Ford is starting to cater to the racers. They finally noticed the writing on the wall. Woulda been nicer if they had found a turbo system instead of an SC, but beggers can't be choosers.

Sal Khan

#108514 10/29/01 08:25 PM
M
M
Here is a Dyno Graph from a stock Focus. If they can get a 50HP increase, at the wheels, with a standard Focus, The SVT Focus at 170 crank stock should be near mid-200's crank with a S/C...

1998 SVT Contour E1, Black
2001 Honda SuperHawk VTR1000F
"I bent my Wookie"
www.mamisano.com

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard