Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
weasel Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
I searched and found a few people experimenting with led's and neon. Just wondering if anyone's complete their projects yet and how it looks. I always wondered why there was all that red plastic and none of it lights up. My dad's old '91 T-Bird was the same thing. What a waste ...

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I've never had the reflector off, so I don't know if this would work or not, but I've always thought it would be a good idea to put Indiglo type paper beneath the clear reflector.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
yeah that would be cool. except el glow paper is $$$$!!! maybe you could just put a few of those little while neon sticks at autozone behind there or something, im sure it would take some dremeling.

so do you want it like completly lit up all the time? or just dimly lit...?

its a reflector, it reflects the light from other cars!

WTB: Andy's Auto Sport front bumper only... a chip for my 98se
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
I have one, but not in my possession. We are still trying to find a dual voltage power regulator for the neon. So the cars reflector functions like a Mark VIII.

Lee Cox No Contours to speak of...
W
weasel Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
I'd like it to light up as bright as the tail lights if possible. In all honesty, anything is better than having it completely dark ! I'd also like rear fogs, but that should be another post ....

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Why the hell do you want rear fogs?

Most jags that i know of come with rear fogs standard, and they are friggin bright when you're driving behind them. You only need them if you live in really foggy places, or similar areas.

Don't be like the dumb MFers in the jags that keep them on all the time.

...Sure i've added upgraded fog lamps in the front; but only as an accent, and i have aimed them low as to not hinder any other drivers' vision.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
do you just want the rear reflector to light up when you are braking? that would be sorta cool.

WTB: Andy's Auto Sport front bumper only... a chip for my 98se
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by amarv12:

...Sure i've added upgraded fog lamps in the front; but only as an accent, and i have aimed them low as to not hinder any other drivers' vision.

fogs are SUPPOSED to be aimed at the ground.......

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Originally posted by Lee:
I have one, but not in my possession. We are still trying to find a dual voltage power regulator for the neon. So the cars reflector functions like a Mark VIII.

Oh, I like that. Please post results and if you think this is doable for less than 2 bills.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
W
weasel Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
Having the third brake light would be interesting, if we could get it bright enough.

Reason I want rear fogs ? I live near a river and it gets very foggy, that and the fact that winter is coming and I'll have snow for about 4 months. I have them in my Jetta and if possible I'll put them in the Mystique as well. Unlike some, I am smart enough to know when to turn the switch off ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard