Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
99% of the nfo is here, you just have to search for it. ! thing leads to another, then another, etc.

No, that DOESN'T work, because you end up getting confused by arguments and conflicting statements. There's no clear tutorial *here* for different types of builds.

It does work, its how I found out the information when I built my engine almost 2 years ago.

the problem with CEG is people want the stuff fed to them. They do not want to make their own decisions in this type of process and don't want to educate themselves on the pros/cons of each type of build.

I would think it would be much easier now than it was two years ago to put this info together.

Regardless if there was a sticky that walked people through each process we'd still have retards who post the question that is answered in the stickied threads....

Ryan Trollin!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Hehe. We already did too much work typing it the first time! Now you want us to tidy it all up too?

There are three or four key personal websites on top of these forums here that really tell you everything you need to know.

DemonSVT's got the best how-to on NA stuff for the 3L, as well as good ideas so check his out.
I designed mine more around the "here's whats possible, now you solve the problem" philosophy because I don't believe in telling someone how to do it.
I believe the reader must be inspired to do it, then they will suprise us with their ingenuity and different approaches to the problem.

Demon and I both approached the NA 3L different than most and we both did all of our own design work when we deviated from any accepted practice. We still don't agree on everything and he knows that I'm right.

So it's better not to have it spelled out step by step. You the reader will feel much better and more confident with what you did, learned, and are more likely to keep it afterwards when you put your own thoughts, blood, sweat and tears into it. Without that you don't take ownership in the project and will happily sell it while looking around for your next "challenge".

This is not to say 'be stupid' and not emulate something that is proven either. But do it yourself and solve the problems as they come up. When you see a better way to do something, THAT's when you will get creative and make a new approach. Part of doing that is reading, searching, and asking stimulating questions rather than already answered ones.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
99% of the nfo is here, you just have to search for it. ! thing leads to another, then another, etc.

No, that DOESN'T work, because you end up getting confused by arguments and conflicting statements. There's no clear tutorial *here* for different types of builds.

There is no clear tutorial because within 1 specific genre of a 3L build there are dzens of variations you can do. Some people like one way better than the other. There is by far enough information on this site to do any of the 3L builds. And if you gte stuck on something along the way, SEARCH, then ask a question. It's not that difficult. Things can be organized, but specific details about everything is impossible.

Great Post Warmonger

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
we need a wiki, not a forum faq that's always filled with irrelevant bickering. There are alot of good faq's here, but there are always some people that just can't keep from posting OT replies.

just my 2cents... and yes, i'm grumpy today

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1078960 02/02/06 05:44 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Pic of EGR mod. This is a 5/8 brass fitting. This is an example of what needs to be done to use Weapon R's with the relocated EGR connection on the header. This same fitting can be used to join the 3L ovalport UIM EGR to the 2.5 EGR pipe. No brazing required. Some bending to the piping might be required to be done as well.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1078961 04/05/06 04:32 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Talking with another CEGer today and realized I failed to mention the 01+ Cougar mount. If you are doing a staight 3L you need this to mount the 3L block to the Contour pass. side mount. It needs to ground in 2 spots. Basically grind until it squeezes between the 2 heads. You have to order the 4 bolts listed in the 3L part number sticky also.

Picture of mount & where to grind.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can get all of your rod/main bearings from Nicholas at DuratecPerformance.com.

Mark

confirmed and added link -BN

Too expensive. You can order tham at Napa for $30 some dollars. At least the rod bearings can be.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard