Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by bnoon:
Warmonger's 3l info here. Where's the turbo info Tom?

I'm too busy most of the time here in Iraq and when I'm not I'm lazy as f*ck!
I suppose I could wrap up all of my turbo research and experimentation into one huge website again but I can't host it. I think I've tried almost every combination out there and found some real winners. When I get back home I'm going to open up the exhaust system with headers instead of the simple manifolds that I'm using now in order to show just how much can be gained with the upgrade. The system I did in February was an example of how cost effective it could be to get almost 330 wHP on just 8-9 psi and 91 octane.
If I put this stuff together in a webpage who's going to host it for me?

tom

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
I would recommend getting the Ford Escape '01 and later blocks because they have the correct mounts for almost every 2.5L part. It has the closest fit for hybrids and for a full 3L drop in it requires very little prep work.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by warmonger:

If I put this stuff together in a webpage who's going to host it for me?

How much space you looking at?

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Take a look at my cardomain page for info on my 3L swaps and some great pictures:

www.cardomain.com/id/blackcoog

I'll update it as soon as I finish the cougar up in the next week or two.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Ok,

I was working on my new webpage and I kept adding crap to it so that it would be complete...you know how I am. Well its up to 10 MB already and I'm about half done. Thats because of all the pictures and stuff.
The real problem is that I set my sights on a really complete webpage that features not only my stuff but other special Contours that are out there. Then I thought I should put in a resource section too so when you access it it has all of the information. Since there are other people on here that have some nice rides and have done some nice work, I want to have them help out with some of the writings.
The page is kind of focused towards SVT's but all the special contour projects are welcome, or cougars, or mystiques, and yes even 4 cylinders.

There is a whole section of the webpage that I've set up to showcase various project cars. Here are some of the names I'm thinking of:

Keyser
Suneil
DemonSVT
Bnoon
Buckshot
BeyondloadedSE
BurritaSVT
Stazi (the aussie)
Pojay
DDavis
Seawulf (?? maybe, should we let him in ??)
Any More??

OK, here is the deal: You have to still own the car and it has to be running or been running (i.e. ok if it broke) in order to have your car featured. If you have knowledge to contribute then you can get under the resources section.

The last section is Resources.
This will have discussions on the following topics, with suggested members doing some writing for the discussions:

Tuning (Keyser, DemonSVT, myself others?)
3L Conversion/hybrid ( Bnoon, myself, Demon, Buckshot,??)
MTX-75 (Terry Haines??, Demon, TorsenRick, myself)
Brakes (Rara, Todd from TCE, Stazi)
Turbo packaging, piping, sizing, etc.(Myself, Rara, Demon, ?)
Internals, forged/stock (Buckshot, Keyser, Myself, others)
Suspension/rims/tires (Stazi, there are a ton of people for this)

This isn't an all inclusive list but it gives you guys the idea. If you have an area you specialize in and you are willing to write some literature on it; provide diagrams, pictures or something like that, then you can help tremendously. It really only takes about an hour to write up a discussion for a basic topic. If you spend a bit more time to make it really nice then of course it will be much better.

I will Orient the whole website on everyone depending on the amount of support I get. YOu can send completed webpages of your own or just the raw materials to add to the one I am working on. When it is complete we will have a combined reference for all contour owners that Also showcases our Cars and our Talents that we applied to them.

Here is also an Idea for later:
If there is enough material we can make it on a CD Rom and let Lance sell it as larger compilation for money to help run the site. The CD could have a much larger refernce base with all kinds of pictures and literature about contours and duratec engines. That would make it useful for any future Ford/Mazda owners with duratecs.

Just pm if you are interested in contributing and email me the information as its completed.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
what about me?

first one to push an atx to the limits with a 3L (not the first 3L atx though)

first and ONLY one to do a high stall torque convertor

one of the few to have sonnax valves and a shiftkit

fastest N/A pass with an atx. 15.02 @ 91 and my car ran like total SH!T then too. easily had a mid 14 sec pass or better in it!

one of the few to do an ATX->MTX conversion (95% done)

installed a torsen

not to mention i jsut turned 19 when i did my 3L swap myself, and i just turned 20 a few months ago

one of, if not the youngest to have a 3L, and i did it all myself

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
STFU and post more specifics!

where you got your crap etc :-)

Originally posted by Russell-3L:
what about me?

fastest N/A pass with an atx. 15.02 @ 91 and my car ran like total SH!T then too. easily had a mid 14 sec pass or better in it!

installed a torsen

not to mention i jsut turned 19 when i did my 3L swap myself, and i just turned 20 a few months ago

Ryan Trollin!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
No offense, but if your car was running THAT bad, I don't see people taking your advise to build a crappy running 3.0L.

And what is it with younger guys saying "all by myself" like they want a cookie? Congrats though, your car is definitely coming around

Originally posted by RTStabler51:
STFU and post more specifics!

where you got your crap etc :-)

Originally posted by Russell-3L:
what about me?

installed a torsen

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
No offense, but if your car was running THAT bad, I don't see people taking your advise to build a crappy running 3.0L.

running crappy - stock single exhaust, bad o2 sensors, lots of o2 related CELs. bald snow tires, busted roll resistors (used $3.99 polyurethane from home depot instead of 94A urethane that i used this time around, didnt hold up at all)

my tranny was acting up, O/D light was flashing like crazy. thats why i swapped to MTX.

other than that, the engine ran great, and ive fixed ALL them problems during ym mtx conversion

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Of course. Russel3L, how could I have forgotten! I should have had you at the top of the list. j/k

Yeah no problem. That is the sort of thing I want on the webpage.
***For everyone*****
1. Send the writeups in NOTEPAD (yes a text editor) in a logical format so I can import them easily into the webpage. I will edit, improve grammar and spelling out there for you gearheads who are challenged with english writing skills.
2. Add pictures but make sure they are reasonably good quality BUT NOT TOO BIG! I don't need 50mb of emails coming in at once.
3. Send scans of dyno sheets if you want your horsepower number posted.
4. Send a scan of your 1/4 mile slip if you want that posted. I won't take hearsay on it either.
5. This is performance oriented and Aesthetics oriented. You have to have done some significant performance mods along with the aesthetics. Aesthetics alone (like body kits) are not going to get into this page.

Pictures should be representative of the whole car, the engine/powertrain, interior, Car Audio, etc. (Not, "look how cool my glued-on piece of carbon fiber came out" unless it is part of an overall interior theme for the car)

I reserve the right to edit down the writeups so that I can conserve space. I'll send you the completed writeup before it gets posted if you aren't sure you trust me. I also reserve the right to post only those projects that are excellent examples of creativity or hardwork or fanatical dedication or pioneering, or if you fall into all those categories then even better. Essentially, its ok if you are dumb about cars and had someone build it for you. Just send the story with the pictures.

For the discussion section: I just need a list of AYE or NAY for those people who are willing to contribute and list their topic sent as a PM for me. Send the writeup to my email address in Word/Notepad format with pictures, spreadsheets, powerpoint, etc.

Send them to jbrant02@earthlink.net

***I'm going to count on you guys to help spread the word to those who are likely to work on this.

BTW, Where's Greg?????

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard