Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Z
ZER0 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
My blower motor has been working intermitently for the past few months, ill lose it for 2 weeks then ill have it for like 2 months, when its not working, I put a multimeter the wires going into the blower motor. Since the problem seems to come and go, I believe it might be linked to the ground, as the vents do open with i move the selector.
So my question is... where do I find the ground wire on a 99 SE?
Thanks.
Mike

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Did you have the recall done?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Check the wires that goto the blower resistor pack.

M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
I second the resistor pack check. Does it always work on high? If so, It is most likely the resistor pack that is partially blown.

99 Countour SE 2.5L Duratec 87k miles
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
does this also apply if the switch was last on low, My blower motor now only spins slowly.

1995 Mystique, 2.5 V6, MTX, 2.5 inch Exhaust tubing, Vibrant Highflow CAT, Vibrant 2.5 Resonator, Magnaflow Muffler, SVT cams, Ebay Intake *YAWN*, HELLA 550's. FINAL LAP Is my New Best Friend!
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Well.. After you have checked the resistor pack and do not find any elements broken, then you should think about inquiring a new blower switch or one used from a junkyard.

I could be wrong though, but if it was the resistor pack you would still have high because it's a straight wire that bypasses the pack.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
If it had only high speed, probably is the switch, it was on my sister's Mystique. Reasonable first thing to try replacing the switch, and there was a recall on the switch.

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
now that i think of it the switch itself does feel a little different when i turn it almost like there is something hitting the switch when i turn it from low to high.

is the 1 switch replaceable or is a new HVAC control in order if that is the case.

1995 Mystique, 2.5 V6, MTX, 2.5 inch Exhaust tubing, Vibrant Highflow CAT, Vibrant 2.5 Resonator, Magnaflow Muffler, SVT cams, Ebay Intake *YAWN*, HELLA 550's. FINAL LAP Is my New Best Friend!
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
You can't buy just the switch. I'd try a junkyard first before buying a brand new HVAC control panel from Ford. You might as well open it up and see if you can fix the problem. You never know it could just need some duck-tape and epoxy?

If none of that stuff works then check for burned out contacts in a big connectors under the stearing colum.

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
The switch and harness are available from ford and they are very cheap. No problem to repair. And the recall goes to about 10 years or 100k. You could also have trouble at the fuse panel. Look for the two big red wires in a connector by themselves on the interior fuse panel. Unplug it and look for signs of excessive heat. We've been replacing the panel and repairing the wiring under the recall for the switch - it's all the same ciruit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard