Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Q
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Q
I don't have a sunroof either

99 #82 of 2760 Wed Sept 30/98 17" Falken Torque 5's B&M Short Shifter B&G Sport Springs 1.6" Drop CTA Intake Knauberized Cardomain
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I think you can find out if it is a true SVT or not if you check your VIN. Someone on here might now, and it might be under the "VIN Decoding" part. Someone could have just put a SVT badge of the back of a Sport, to make it worth more.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Matt R:
I think you can find out if it is a true SVT or not if you check your VIN. Someone on here might now, and it might be under the "VIN Decoding" part. Someone could have just put a SVT badge of the back of a Sport, to make it worth more.

there is a whole lot more then a badge involved

the sunroof was an option after all along with the cd player

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by brapple:

I thought the CD player was standard? I know sunroof and spoiler were options...

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Originally posted by brapple:

I thought the CD player was standard? I know sunroof and spoiler were options...

IIRC for 00s, sunroofs, CD player and rear wing were "no charge" options. The 8 SVTs of various colors at the dealership where I bought mine all had sunroof, CD and wing.

Myself (00) and another local SVT (00) did not even get the dual core SVT radiator. I have a feeling that 2000s got gypped with "whatever we have parts" to complete production.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
When I bought mine, there were only two additional options, a sunroof and the CD player. Mine came with the CD player which I swaped for a cassette player and no sunroof. Later, the sunroof became a no cost option.

Technically, there was a third available option that could be ordered from the factory. It was usually only ordered on cars from cold climates. Any guesses? It was the block heater.

The spoiler was not a factory option until the 2000 model year although some had it installed by the dealer.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Big Jim:
When I bought mine, there were only two additional options, a sunroof and the CD player. Mine came with the CD player which I swaped for a cassette player and no sunroof. Later, the sunroof became a no cost option.

Technically, there was a third available option that could be ordered from the factory. It was usually only ordered on cars from cold climates. Any guesses? It was the block heater.

The spoiler was not a factory option until the 2000 model year although some had it installed by the dealer.

wasn't traction control an option as well?
My svt owner's manual also said something about a special child safety seat in the rear seat, but nothin in mine.

mine came w/ a tape deck (per the original owner) and a sunroof. he said the dealer added the "smoker's package" even though he doesnt smoke. cutest little thing ive ever seen..

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

Nope, I don't have a solenoid. It's cable controlled for sure. My remotes are aftermarket. My friend installed the system and we checked, no love. I had the factory remotes, and nope, they do nada. My CSVT also has the 98' shift assembly as well. (although I think it's better) I got gyped!

Well, i have a solenoid and cable....cable for manual lever, and solenoid to pop via remote. But if you say there's no solenoid behind the black plastic cover, then that's really weird. Did you buy it used?

Originally posted by JonnySVT:
I have no remote....I bought the car with one key, that's it.

I bet you have RKE, if i were you, i'd hit up a JY and get some keyless entry action going.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
A large number of 98's don't have one.

From E1 on (IIRC) it was a "no cost" option.

Since most dealerships ordered the SVT's long before they were built or sold most had the "no cost" Power Moonroof option.

I personally didn't want one. However I do like the quiet venting ability when moving and heat relief when stopped.
Well once I fixed the constant failures. (One of the first fixes I looked for on CEG - before I was a member even)

Spoilers were a dealer option until 99. Then it was a factory option but still dealer installed. (yeah big difference) (~$245)

Traction control was never an option.
One "freak" has it but it wasn't suppose to. It didn't even have to TCS switch meaning it was always on.

CD or Tape was a no-cost choice. As you can imagine most were CD because tapes suck.
Not that it matters much because the factory stereo sucks too!

Smokers package was an option ($15 for an ashtray to fit the cup holder and a lighter)
Block heater was an option

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by amarv12:
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

Nope, I don't have a solenoid. It's cable controlled for sure. My remotes are aftermarket. My friend installed the system and we checked, no love. I had the factory remotes, and nope, they do nada. My CSVT also has the 98' shift assembly as well. (although I think it's better) I got gyped!

Well, i have a solenoid and cable....cable for manual lever, and solenoid to pop via remote. But if you say there's no solenoid behind the black plastic cover, then that's really weird. Did you buy it used?

Yeah, I bought it used. I am the second owner. It had 22k on it when I got it in 02'. Maybe the previous owner removed it for weight reduction purposes.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard