Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I believe that business from Seinfeld was Vandelay.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck!

Assault Towers Wakeboard towers and accessories www.assaulttowers.com
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
It is in troy at 14 mile and crooks. Just down the street from jre tire.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Man, that is horrible. I don't even know what I would do if I were you...except go into a rage. You've really opened my eyes and kinda got me worried with my car being in the shop...I better go check...

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
It is in troy at 14 mile and crooks. Just down the street from jre tire.

ah ok. i'll be over that way today.... i'll have to check them out.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
#1073157 10/13/04 06:34 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Well we went over there today only to discover the shop closed down and many of the cars on the lot gone. There was also a couple notes on the door left from parts supliers stating he owes them money. So it looks as if I am completely screwed.

PS Does anybody have any stock speakers left over that they would be willing to donate? Things are beyond tight for me now.

scott

98 3.0 svt: Sold
#1073158 10/13/04 06:36 PM
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
wow..... that sucks.... though you still may have a remedy via court action... though that will be no fun.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
#1073159 10/13/04 06:47 PM
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I think you should post names so we can make sure they don't work on are cars.

#1073160 10/13/04 07:43 PM
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
wow..... that sucks.... though you still may have a remedy via court action... though that will be no fun.

I'd also look into persuing criminal charges, if at all possible.

--T.J.

2000 SVT Contour, Black, stock, no tickets yet... www.seismicradio.com
#1073161 10/13/04 09:28 PM
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
Well we went over there today only to discover the shop closed down and many of the cars on the lot gone. There was also a couple notes on the door left from parts supliers stating he owes them money. So it looks as if I am completely screwed.

PS Does anybody have any stock speakers left over that they would be willing to donate? Things are beyond tight for me now.

scott

not necessarily. it depends if he set up the business as a corporation or not. (also depends on state laws, but prob same everywhere). People set up corporations to hide behind in case of things like this, but you pay WAY more in taxes and more complex/costly to do so. shops like this are typically just regular business meaning HE, himself, is actually liable for the debts. in a corp, he can close down and extinguish the debts.
if you take him to small claims court, and win, which you probably will, especially considering it sounds like he has other troubles going on, then get what an award. you then take the court award to another part of the court house where they issue a judgment (may come from judge, going off way past memory here). this judgment entitles you to the money. if he gets a job anywhere you can file to garnish wages. it can also become a lean against him so if he files taxes, tries to sell his home, etc... he will have to pay any and all liens first!
the law is there to protect you, take advantage.
do you know the owner's name? try to find out.
if you file for small claims and he does not show up, or postpone, you autoatically win! pretty cool huh? not many people know this. he he he...

filing a small claims suit costs about $30 or so and having it served by a marshall/sheriff costs about another $30. not much to lose, much to gain.

ps i will be pulling my speakers out soon and putting my whole system in, hopefully on friday. id be more than happy to send you my stock ones. theyre in mint shape.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by 98cont-UoG-FSAE:
I believe that business from Seinfeld was Vandelay.

yep, Van de Lay industries. That was George's secret "employer" and he often referred to himself as Mr. Van de Lay-owner of Van de Lay Ind. "we're in latex"

it was George, not Kramer, as stated earlier by someone else.

-the Seinfeld nazi.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard