Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by RyeLou:
I think small claims is considerably less than $5,000. For some reason I thought it was 2 or maybe even 1 thousand.

No $5000 at least in Michigan I know for a fact.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
[censored] [censored].......Thats unbelieveable. If it was my car I would have [censored] him up and shot him with my 9 That makes me mad hearing that [censored].

Previous Owner of: 1998 CSVT Black # 2923/6535 Born: 08/12/97 http://community.webshots.com/user/svtcontoursvt
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I have pics and am a member of the 'shop' that he takes it to...which would be the shop of 'us' so to speak. ADC did the turbo install and I know that I am going to be involved quite thoroughly in the fixing of his car. Not to say I told you so, but I was concerned when you said you were taking it to a shop.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
No $5000 at least in Michigan I know for a fact.

Do a Google search. $3,000 is what several sources say is the maximum you can sue for in a Michigan Small Claims Court.

Check here: Small Claims Court

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
FGGERS. Lets head on over with some bats and nightstick's. Man i would have KILLED that little [censored] if I heard him bragging like that!

Let me know if I can help you AT ALL!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Z
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Z
you have amazing self restraint! let us know what happens...

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
I wouldnt take them to small claims because you will only get up to $5000. You deserve more than that. Youll need more for punitive damages and the time wasted. Ill ask for at least $10k if I was you.

-dan

98 CSVT 484/6535,18" MI Rims,Nitto NEO GEN Tires,Pioneer DEH-P7300,Custom Cougar CIA,CF Hood,McCULLOCH HID 6K,Custom painted red calipers,Flowmaster 40s mufflers,Drilled Slot rotors,K&N 9" air filter,Brullen HiFlo Y Pipe & CAT,Magnaflow Res
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:

Basically I am going to talk to the shop owner first, (he was not there at all last week)

That sounds like a GOOD idea. I can't imagine any respectable business owner knowingly putting up with that kind of BS. Hopefully he is reasonable, and it was just a bunch of jerk-off kids screwing around. Hopefully they will be fired for this as well!

Its probably a good thing as well that you didn't injure them or damage property, as that could be held against you later (yes I know how hard that must have been!). If I were you, start documenting EVERYTHING related to these events in case the shop owner is a tool and has to be dragged to court.

Scott I hope you get this all resolved and get your car fixed on their $$$. I hate to read this as I found your car very inspiring to look at on Woodward! Good Luck ...

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ContourSVT98:
I wouldnt take them to small claims because you will only get up to $5000. You deserve more than that. Youll need more for punitive damages and the time wasted. Ill ask for at least $10k if I was you.

-dan

in order to go to superior court (maybe different in their state) you have to hire an attorney, for a few grand. no attorney would touch this without money up front. the judge will only give money for actual damages, ie cost to repair and for the cost of filing the suit. you cant recover punitive damages for something like this. you also cant recover for time wasted or wages lost for being in court. small claims court would definitely be the best option. unless small claims in your aread caps out at $3k and your damages are far above that. but then factor in the attorney fee and it may not be worth it.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I wouldnt take them to small claims because you will only get up to $5000.

Hello??? I already posted that the max in a Michigan Small Claims Court is $3,000.

And the link: Small Claims Court

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard