Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Dunno. There were 3 different ones that were listed for my 98.5 when I got mine. They all looked different. Just make sure the connector and the sender part that reads the coolant looks the same.

Its best to take the old one to the parts store, and compare.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
T
TronX Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
That picture was from Rockauto.com

I was just at signaturelm.com and they listed this.
http://signaturelm.com/Parts-CounterExpress.aspx

Description: WATER TEMP SENDER OR SWITCH
Part #: F7CZ10884BA
Our Price: $17.83
Retail Price: $22.29
Categories:
Mechanical > GROUP 17 - BODY ELECTRICAL > GAUGES

Mercury Mystique
1998-2000
In-Line4, Temperature Sender

However, I'm sure there was another picture that didn't look like this part at all?

----------

My problem is that the guage inside the car never leaves the white box. When it was working it would move to about the center of the guage. When the car is off the guage moves all the way off and when I turn on the car is moves only a tiny tiny bit. Every now and then out of random it will start working for a minute then it goes back down.

The Haynes book said something about testing the part by attaching a wire to a white/red and that to ground. This should make the guage go to hot.

I think I've got the right part here, but not 100% sure.

T
TronX Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I unplugged the wires to the sender and shorted the white/red to ground amd turned the key over, but not engine on and nothing happened. Hmmmmm......

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
I'm having the same problem now. My temp guage hasn't worked in years and i finally decided to fix it. I went and bought the sender at advance auto for 12$ and am going to put it in tomorrow. It is so damn hard to get to though so i'm going to have to take off the radiator hose. THe question I had was that the harness for mine is broken. Does anyone know where to buy a new harness to hook into the sender online or do i have to go to a dealership?

L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by TronX:
That picture was from Rockauto.com

I was just at signaturelm.com and they listed this.
http://signaturelm.com/Parts-CounterExpress.aspx

Description: WATER TEMP SENDER OR SWITCH
Part #: F7CZ10884BA
Our Price: $17.83
Retail Price: $22.29
Categories:
Mechanical > GROUP 17 - BODY ELECTRICAL > GAUGES

Mercury Mystique
1998-2000
In-Line4, Temperature Sender

That's exactly the part number that I bought. I haven't had a chance to put it in yet beacuse of it's location. Good luck to all of us!

'98 Mystique Zetec w/ auto trans 103,900 miles Kenwood KDC-MPV7017 CD/MP3 HU Kenwood KFC-6889ie 6x8" 3-way speakers '96 Mystique Zetec ATX 108,000 miles
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
That harness is definately broken beyond use and the wires are cracked so now i have to find one. Anyone have any suggestions?

T
TronX Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
You would need to buy a whole new wire harness from ford and that is not cheap. Or you can goto a junk yard and cut one off, but those will only crack in time. What I would do is splice the wires and use 2 small wirecaps. Then wrap the wires in some duct tape.

T
TronX Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Advance auto parts had something, just not sure if this is the right one?

GP Sorensen TSU227
OE #F7CZ-BA; DOHC
$9.88

T
TronX Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
And I've ran into this part and the same place.

GP Sorensen 385115
Temperature Sender/Switch

And this part...

Niehoff Ignition TS82321
Coolant Temperature Sensor:

That makes 3 types that I've seen and they have all been listed as a sender, sensor, guage and cooling.

C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Like I said, take yours out of the car, and take it to the parts store to compare the different senders. Only way to know for sure.

Mine has the 2nd one pictured, but I cant say for sure if yours is the same.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard