Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
I have a 96 V6 AT contour with 106k miles. I am getting ready to put in my 4th WP in the last 8 months, but now I have a new issue. Whenever I put my care in reverse it almost stalls but not quite. Also I am having issues with my idle bouncing from 750 to 1200 everytime I stop, but it sometimes goes away. The best way to explain it is the idle has the rythm of a panting dog. Also does any one have any info on how to BACKFLUSH the motor when I replace my WP. I heard this may help the WP last longer. I plan to flush the system as described in the how to section, but I heard backflushing is different.
Thanks

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I will assume you searched for all this information, but just incase you didn't.

Coolant change
This is also a How to in the FAQ on the first page. Linky

As for your idle problems, search "surging".
Chances are good that your IAC is done or could stand to be cleaned.

Two posts under yours is this thread. Idle surge problem fixed!
Another link.
And another one.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Where are the IAC and EGR located on my car? I am getting ready to change the wp and I want to find out why my erratic idle has now turned into an all out stall situation.
Thanks

S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
OK, I removed the air cleaner and tube and looked at my trottle body opening. It has way more crud than any picture I have seen posted. So I know that has to be cleaned. Next question is where is the IAC located? I have a feeling this has to be cleaned to. Pictures would sure help.
THanks

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
where is the IAC located?

Try this thread: IAC

Since you've already removed the air cleaner you might as well take the throttle body all the way off and hose it off really good with Berryman's B12. Then remove the EGR valve and clean the gunk out of the passages to the throttle body with a pipe cleaner soaked in Berryman's.

A complete UIM/LIM removal and cleaning should be near the top of the list sometime if the TB is as gunked up as you say it is.

S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Thanks for the post.
Is it possible to clean the IAC and where are the other two parts you suggested to clean (UIM/LIM)?

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Where is the upper intake manifold and lower intake manifold? Look on the top of your engine - you can't miss the upper. Look on the CEG website for a how-to on removing and cleaning them. Here's a link: UIM/LIM Cleaning

It doesn't appear to me that you're even trying to use the search. Everything you asked about was found by me in under a minute using the search feature here.

S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Thanks for the help and I did search, but my internet is so slow it is easier to post sometimes than look through 50 search posts. Also I am not real up to speed on abbreviations, but thanks again.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by skon:
Thanks for the help and I did search, but my internet is so slow it is easier to post sometimes than look through 50 search posts. Also I am not real up to speed on abbreviations, but thanks again.

skon have you ever looked on the front page under FAQ, you will find everything your asking.
Here's a link to all the HOW TO's
A link toCEG Terminology

and here's a pic of the IAC

I have a 28.8 modem at work and I have no issues searching with it. So no excuses not to search!!!!!

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard