Print Thread
#1062993 09/27/04 06:39 PM
W
weasel Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
Well after about two hours of searching, that's what I am. I am looking toward the future and I see a new muffler. I just can't seem to decide which. Of everything I have read, most seems to be directed towards the CSVT's with a pair of mufflers. I will most likely be sticking with the single muffler and ditching the resonator. With a single muffler set-up, the muffler will have to be better at noise control. Would a single muffler be as loud as a pair ? I was thinking of going with a Dynomax Super Turbo. I have a pair of these on my Mustang and love them. Nice and quiet rumble at idle, but when you crack the throttle wide open, it sounds like a straight pipe ! I'd love to have duals, but I don't think that the Minister of Finance would allow for that. Is there enough room to get a muffler in place of the resonator ? I haven't had much of a chance to get under there and have a real good look. A longer tailpipe would certainly help in the noise dept and I'd be able to use a straight through muffler for better flow ( and dual tips might be able to be worked in ... )

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
#1062994 09/28/04 12:03 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Here's my setup, a CTA custom exhaust.
You can listen to audio files a www.ctamotorsports.com

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
#1062995 09/28/04 12:55 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Dynomax Super Turbo are absolute crap! Don't waste your time and money with those things.
They are NO different in design to our stock mufflers, i.e., thaey have an "S" shaped flow pattern through the muffler, hence they flow worse than mmost other performance mufflers. So putting on of those on will be almost pointless. And those flow directors they claim to have are a marketing scam.

Dynomax's Ultra Flow on the other hand is a true straight through muffler and flow infinitely better than the "Super Turbo" garbage. I would bet money that your Mustang would even make more power and sound even better with a set of Magnaflows than those super turbos you have on there now!

At the end of the day though, nothing compares to Magnaflow for flow, sound and build quality.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1062996 09/28/04 02:07 PM
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Yeah, what Stazi said.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
#1062997 09/28/04 08:24 PM
W
weasel Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
Well I won't argue there, the Ultrafo will definately flow much better than the Super Turbo and having them on my 'stang would definately make more power. The thing is, is that the stock mufflers that came with it were so bad, Cherry Bombs would have made more power. From what I have read here, our mufflers aren't that bad at all ( most people seem to be seeing negligible hp gains unless really modified ), just too darned quiet. My main concern is the decible level.

Chongo, thanks for the pic. It really clears things up for me in my mind ( and it sounds great too !). I like the way yours is set-up, but if I have the cash, I'll go with the duals. Guess I'll have to start saving my pennies !

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard