Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
...submitted for your consideration:

Mike and I enjoyed a nice drive yesterday trying to map out a great route and activities/eats along the way.
Here's a rough agenda. Feel free to post up feedback.
This year is going to be a hike for some people, but hey, it's all about the cars, so why not have a bunch of driving.

October 16th, Saturday
10:00 meet up off I-93 North shortly after Hooksett tolls (75 cents) at the NH State Liquor store rest stop.
10:30 gather up and head north on 93 toward exit 24 Holderness
11:00ish arrive at exit 24. Short stint through main street, left onto Rt 113 - where the twisties and hills begin!
12:00ish Hour of twisties ends, arrive in Conway area. Stop at Mobil station to park and eat lunch. Subway located adjacent to Mobil. McD's up the road a bit as well.
1:00ish gather up and prepare for cruise on the Kancamagus Rt 112.
2:00ish arrive at end of scenic drive in Lincoln. Keep on 112 and head to Lost River for some cave exploration and all around goofing off.
4:00ish head back to Lincoln for some drinks and eats at the Common Man restaurantscroll down for Lincoln location
??:00 head home happy. For reference, the drive south from Lincoln to Manchester is about an hour.

Like I said, lots of driving, but the view is spectacular. Definitely worth it. The cars will love the fresh cool air.
I believe we put around 230 miles on the GL yesterday while plotting things out.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
sounds pretty good to me, I think I'm in

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
sounds like a good day

like I said before i plan on coming up that friday night to cut out some of my driving, would it be a problem if I stayed over sat night also? to split up some of the driving again

I so can't wait, the car is ready to go and its going to be fun with the low end power I picked up

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by brapple:
would it be a problem if I stayed over sat night also? to split up some of the driving again

well we get out like at what, 5ish. I dunno how far away you live from NH but I belive its still daylight at 5. Its up to you though, I wouldn't want to drive that long either, especially if ones comming alone. I'll prolly bring my friends.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
would it be a problem if I stayed over sat night also? to split up some of the driving again

well we get out like at what, 5ish. I dunno how far away you live from NH but I belive its still daylight at 5. Its up to you though, I wouldn't want to drive that long either, especially if ones comming alone. I'll prolly bring my friends.

I live near 3 hours from from Mike and Kim so i want to break my driving up some, plus I have to get home to switch cars then drive an hour and a half back to school

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
P
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
P
sounds like a good run i got pulled over on the kangamagus<sp> during laconia on my bike with some friends we all got negligent drivin tickets and to go to court ended up costin close to 400 dollars and we could lose our license
if my car is on the road by then i might come up and meet some of you guys

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by packofqtips:
sounds like a good run i got pulled over on the kangamagus<sp> during laconia on my bike with some friends we all got negligent drivin tickets and to go to court ended up costin close to 400 dollars and we could lose our license
if my car is on the road by then i might come up and meet some of you guys

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Nice job Kim. There's a chance my golf 4 ball tournament will be cancelled due to lack of interest. If that's the case, I'll be joining you folks.

Doug 2006 Mercury Milan V6 Premier Dark Blue Pearl Former owner of a 2000 SVT Contour
F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by packofqtips:
i got pulled over on the kangamagus<sp> during laconia on my bike with some friends we all got negligent drivin tickets and to go to court ended up costin close to 400 dollars and we could lose our license

d'oh!

we did see one cop perched early on the kanc, but that was the only cop we saw all day.
I'm sure there will be enough tourist activity to slow us to the proper speed limit that day, at least on 112. 113 is where the fun is going to be. wee!

Brian, mi casa is uh your house and stuff.
We were pretty sure you'd stay the weekend.

We have more sleep space for more travelers if needed.
Hell we had a guy sleeping on a mattress on our kitchen floor the night of Mike's bachelor party, so there's plenty of room. lol

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
I'd also like to just make a note that that is a very rough agenda.
We all know how we can get when it comes to stops and standing around outside of the cars chatting.
So obviously things are going to be more leisurely and less structured than the above.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
thats sounds like a great day.
and with the majority of the activities ending around 4 or so, i will have plenty of time to get home, shower, change, and head out to work.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

we did see one cop perched early on the kanc, but that was the only cop we saw all day.
I'm sure there will be enough tourist activity to slow us to the proper speed limit that day, at least on 112. 113 is where the fun is going to be. wee!

no worries, I got my passport, we'll be invincible, just look out for a 5 0 signal from my car or just by seeing me freak out when the radar detector goes off, both ways you all will know

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Depending on if I have new tires or not, I may be trailing at the end of the line since I won't be taking corners quite as much as the rest of you.

I wanted to take the Miata up, but it's having a few problems so my parents don't want it traveling so far.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Depending on if I have new tires or not, I may be trailing at the end of the line since I won't be taking corners quite as much as the rest of you.

well I have good tires and STB's so I guess I will be upfront

got to love those corners

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G

well I have good tires and STB's so I guess I will be upfront

got to love those corners

watch my svt flip over the sides since my tires suck!

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Matty, is the problem with the Miata something I might be able to help with? I have been collecting the factory repair manuals on CD for the Miatas. I don't think I have their year specifically.

I think we'll be there in our car, it would be fun to have another red roadster for the drive. I'm still dying to see it.

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Darn... even though I'm not technically in the CEG midst any more, if I was around, I would have thought about crashing this gig. I'll probably be on vacation and in Chicago/Michigan that weekend.

Nice job, Kim, glad the NE group is still active.

-Peter

04 Mazda 6s V6 MTX, in service 10/28/03 02 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 165HP 4cyl auto AWD former: 95 Mystique LS V6 MTX [11/14/94-5/19/04]
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Thanks for doing all this organizational work, Kim.

I think I'll head to the get-together. Not only do y'all seem like a fun group, but I'm also not on-call that weekend.

Quote:

My bone-stock '95 Mystique GS will be joining 98SE near the back of the pack... and I'll be bringing up the rear if I can't get my rear sway-bar fixed by then (busted left bushing).

Po

Po 1995 Mercury Mystique GS: Zetec 2.0L I-4, CD4E 1978 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau: 351M (5.8L V-8), FMX Coming in 2007 -- 1986 Jaguar XJ12 Sovereign: 5.3L High-Efficiency V-12, GM transmission
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Ryan - I'll e-mail my dad asking for the symptoms. Something about engine stuttering or bucking under acceleration, I think (not unlike the famous problem I had with the Probe that got misdiagnosed three times), but I'll get more details. I know you've been wanting to see it, we should meet sometime.

I don't think they were quite comfortable with me taking it on such a long trip North anyway so regardless of outcome it will be till another meet that I can bring it. (I can't even park it in Worcester it's their baby, haha!)

Peter - would enjoy finally meeting you after all these years, please come!

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Quote:

is that an open invite. depending on my work schedule friday i may be interested to avoid driving up at 4-5am on saturday. and my car will be washed this time (and hopefully zainoed). i dont think i've made a meet yet with a clean car.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Hugo, you are welcome to stay!

If this year will be anything like last year, the cars in the rear will get the best ride. I was in the lead last year and I barely hit 50 at some points, but Kim was farther back and was really booting along to keep up. I suggest if you want a faster ride stay towards the rear. Oh and don't drink too much the night before because the hills and twisties will surley mix our stomachs up!

00 SVT Contour (1584) 04 F-350 XLT Sport V10 02 Honda Spirit 750 64 390 FE Big Block
F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
yeah I stayed in the back to keep all the 'tours together, but with my dogomatic I was having trouble accelerating to keep up. I'm thinking up front is where I'll be this year.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by hmouta:
Quote:

is that an open invite. depending on my work schedule friday i may be interested to avoid driving up at 4-5am on saturday. and my car will be washed this time (and hopefully zainoed). i dont think i've made a meet yet with a clean car.

hugh if you want to car pool up let me know, I am going home thursday night to switch cars and will come back to school friday then leave either mid afternoon or evening to avoid traffic

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
i have good tires this year!!!
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!

no sliding through corners at 35 mph for me.
hahah

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Sounds like quite the adventure! Can't wait!

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Oct. 16th sounds great for me as of right now........

Sounds like were also gonna have a pretty kick a$$ drive( thanks Mike&Kim), and the stops sound great as well...

Hope to see everyone then, and I hope nothin $hitty comes up to prevent me from goin' again---I'm still pissed I missed the Mod\Maint. meet in june......

Keith P. Killed in action-4/27/06 '99 CSVT #2369/2760-7/28/99 New Recruit- 1998 EO CSVT # soon to come Black 106,xxx
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
yeah I stayed in the back to keep all the 'tours together, but with my dogomatic I was having trouble accelerating to keep up. I'm thinking up front is where I'll be this year.

oh boy ... hmm.

With the past two rainstorms I discovered a bad leak in my passenger footwell area (from the hood hinges maybe?) ... that might be replacing my hope for new tires assuming it is not immediately fixable.

Are we using two-ways this year again? I finally bought a pair this summer so have a spare if someone needs.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

Are we using two-ways this year again? I finally bought a pair this summer so have a spare if someone needs.

oh, oh me, I will use a spare if someone has one

J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
October 16th, Saturday
10:00 meet up off I-93 North at the NH State Liquor store rest stop.

I'm sorry, can you repeat everything again. I wasn't paying attention.

Maybe I should bring my truck up there so I can have them load it with a fork lift at the NH State packey. [redneck alky voice] "Ain't nuttin' better 'en cheap booze"

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J

Hell we had a guy sleeping on a mattress on our kitchen floor the night of Mike's bachelor party, so there's plenty of room. lol

Funny, I don't really remember that... I think it might have been that darn trip to the library that did me in.

If its not a problem would there be a few square feet for a non-contour owner from CT?

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i can likely get a set of two ways also. i really hope it doesnt rain.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
I think we can fit all 3 of you CT boys just fine.

my father has a couple 2-ways that I've borrowed before.
If he's not using them that day, I'll try to borrow them for anyone that still needs some. Mike and I have 2 of our own.
Definitely if you have them, bring them (batteries fully charged).

J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
I wish I could go, I would love to meet all of you. But My mom is throwing us a housewarming party that day...

Maybe next year!

Live, Love, and most of all, Laugh!
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
I have a set too, the rechargable ones. They have a 5 mile broadcast range.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Sorry gang.....playing golf on 10/16.

I am a troll.......... 2004 C5 Corvette Coupe, Mag Red/Light Oak, Auto Polished Wheels, Titanium Exhaust 2002 Chevy Malibu V6, remote start
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by BeachBum:
Sorry gang.....playing golf on 10/16.

Yeah, right! 2nd time this year?

Doug 2006 Mercury Milan V6 Premier Dark Blue Pearl Former owner of a 2000 SVT Contour
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Hi Doug:
Fred and I are playing Passaconnaway on 10/22
Are you interested? $60.00

I am a troll.......... 2004 C5 Corvette Coupe, Mag Red/Light Oak, Auto Polished Wheels, Titanium Exhaust 2002 Chevy Malibu V6, remote start
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
poo! i have class and then a Rev's game on the 16th. have fun, guys!

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
not to take away from the fall meet but if anyone can't make it and want to meet up with people come to the dyno meet the following weekend, we have around 9 people running at the moment so we can take a few more and viewers are welcome also

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Pretty sure that weekends free for me. I'd like to see everyone again, and a few other people I've yet to meet. Mike and Kim, you guys think you could squeeze one more in your house fri and sat night?

AIM...BKapp17 98 T-red SVT Steeda Gutted Pre-cats, no resonator Painted Dash Angel Eye Fogs Painted Chrome ring / headlights Looking for a t-red pre98 trunk lid
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Sure! We're starting to get a few people staying over so all we ask is for people to bring their own pillows and air mattresses and stuff. All are welcome, in fact we are within walking distance of a Cactus Jacks restaurant, which means we could have a few drinks and not have to worry about driving anywhere.

So far it looks like the following people will be staying.
-Brapple
-JSmith Dynamite
-Hmouta
-Kappa2006

We have room for 5 maybe 6 cars in the driveway and unlimited street parking. If lots of people want to stay some can bring tents if they feel like it.

00 SVT Contour (1584) 04 F-350 XLT Sport V10 02 Honda Spirit 750 64 390 FE Big Block
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Well, here the list for the cruise as of this morning 10/1. Looks like we'll have 2 Silver SVTs, 3 Red SVTs, 2 Black SVTs, 1 Green SVT, 1 Blue Cougar, 1 Blue SE, 1 Red SE, 1 Mystique, and 1 Red Miata.

-Goonz - Black SVT
-brapple - Blue SE
-CueballSVT - Green SVT
-Elky - Silver SVT
-98 SE - Red SE
-SVT - Red Miata
-bpwu - Mystique
-hmouta - Black SVT
-zgendron - Red SVT
-ManchVegasSVT - Red SVT
-Kappa2006 - Red SVT
-frenchblueC2 - Blue Cougar
-Cobra - Silver SVT

13 Cars total.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Cobra:
... 2 Silver SVTs, 3 Red SVTs, 2 Black SVTs, 1 Green SVT, 1 Blue Cougar, 1 Blue SE, 1 Red SE, 1 Mystique, and 1 Red Miata.

yeah, one of each color again, thats going to be cool

my car is MSBM - medium steel blue metallic, get it right

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
my friend might come to with his metallic blue 2.5rs

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Well, here the list for the cruise as of this morning 10/1. Looks like we'll have 2 Silver SVTs, 3 Red SVTs, 2 Black SVTs, 1 Green SVT, 1 Blue Cougar, 1 Blue SE, 1 Red SE, 1 Mystique, and 1 Red Miata.

-Goonz - Black SVT
-brapple - Blue SE
-CueballSVT - Green SVT
-Elky - Silver SVT
-98 SE - Red SE
-SVT - Red Miata
-bpwu - Mystique
-hmouta - Black SVT
-zgendron - Red SVT
-ManchVegasSVT - Red SVT
-Kappa2006 - Red SVT
-Cobra - Silver SVT

13 Cars total.

2 Silver SVTs, 3 Red SVTs, 2 Black SVTs, 1 Green SVT, 1 Blue Cougar, 1 Blue SE, 1 Red SE, 1 Mystique, 1 Red Miata and 1 blue 2.5rs

-Goonz - Black SVT
-brapple - Blue SE
-CueballSVT - Green SVT
-Elky - Silver SVT
-98 SE - Red SE
-SVT - Red Miata
-bpwu - Mystique
-hmouta - Black SVT
-zgendron - Red SVT
-ManchVegasSVT - Red SVT
-Kappa2006 - Red SVT
-Cobra - Silver SVT
-Goonz (friend) - Blue 2.5rs

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hey Guys,

Just a thought...

Isn't the Liquor store parking area pretty crowded on the weekend mornings? Its been a while, but I know during ski season sometimes the lot is full. With 13 of us, we'll take up a bit of that lot.

I know the convience/location makes it an ideal location to meet though.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
You could have people meet on Rt. 93 Exit 10 in the Target parking lot. They still would come up Rt 3 (Everett Turnpike) then take 93 South then Exit 10 (Route 3A North).

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
do you really think it'll be too crowded? I know it is leaf peeping season and all.
To me the lot seems pretty big, and we'd be in the spots farthest away from the building. I think it's still doable.

Mike and I are going to try to be there earlier than 10, so I think we will be able to save spots if it's starting to look too crowded.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Are we finally going to do color-themed photo shoots this year?

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

-Goonz - Black SVT
-brapple - Blue SE
-CueballSVT - Green SVT
-Elky - Silver SVT
-98 SE - Red SE
-SVT - Red Miata
-bpwu - Mystique
-hmouta - Black SVT
-zgendron - Red SVT
-ManchVegasSVT - Red SVT
-Kappa2006 - Red SVT
-Cobra - Silver SVT

13 Cars total.

Don't forget me!!! We are still not sure if it will be both of us, but as of now, I am still in!

Steve Help Support MS research 2003 SAAB 9-3 Vector 2002 Explorer Limited Former cars '98 T-Red SVT and 2000 Silver Frost SVT
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F

2 Silver SVTs, 3 Red SVTs, 2 Black SVTs, 1 Green SVT, 1 Blue Cougar, 1 Blue SE, 1 Red SE, 1 Mystique, 1 Red Miata and 1 blue 2.5rs

-Goonz - Black SVT
-brapple - Blue SE
-CueballSVT - Green SVT
-Elky - Silver SVT
-98 SE - Red SE
-SVT - Red Miata
-bpwu - Mystique
-hmouta - Black SVT
-zgendron - Red SVT
-ManchVegasSVT - Red SVT
-Kappa2006 - Red SVT
-Cobra - Silver SVT

Wow... not too many Mystiques, huh? I'm probably the only Asian on the list, too. Way to really feel like a minority!

Just kidding around, y'all. Looking forward to this---I've had the Kangamangus Highway on my to-do list for quite some time.

Po

Po 1995 Mercury Mystique GS: Zetec 2.0L I-4, CD4E 1978 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau: 351M (5.8L V-8), FMX Coming in 2007 -- 1986 Jaguar XJ12 Sovereign: 5.3L High-Efficiency V-12, GM transmission
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by bpwu:

Wow... not too many Mystiques, huh?

I would but I have the contour

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G

I'm probably the only Asian on the list, too. Way to really feel like a minority!

Po

hey man, I'm with ya there, I'm pakistani so your not the only minority

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

I'm probably the only Asian on the list, too. Way to really feel like a minority!

Po

hey man, I'm with ya there, I'm pakistani so your not the only minority

Goonz - re: your sig ... #9 of 6535? You have one of the first SVTs ever made!

(I thought the first 25 were stored somewhere? Or was that the last 25?)

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Dont forget me! It want to go. Unless people from Maine aren't allowed. If thats the case I'll come anyway just to piss everyone off. JK I am planning on coming but I wont need a place to sleep. I need a break and the timing of this meet could not be any better. Rob

Rob Collins 98.5 svt blk/blue #5778of6535 I've got some mods.
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G

Goonz - re: your sig ... #9 of 6535? You have one of the first SVTs ever made!

(I thought the first 25 were stored somewhere? Or was that the last 25?)

yea dude, I got my certificate from SVT and thats what it sais, it cant be lying thats pretty sweet thought huh??

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
lets hope my car gets fixed up by then

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
lets hope my car gets fixed up by then

its two weeks away still, i am sure you will get it fixed

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Updated 10/4/04

-Goonz - Black SVT
-brapple - Blue SE
-CueballSVT - Green SVT
-Elky - Silver SVT
-98 SE - Red SE
-SVT - Red Miata
-bpwu - Mystique
-hmouta - Black SVT
-zgendron - Red SVT
-ManchVegasSVT - Red SVT
-Kappa2006 - Red SVT
-Cobra - Silver SVT
-cruises8 - Silver SVT
-robzride - Black SVT

Total:16

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Hey guys. Sorry but I'm going to have to back out of this one. I have to be out of town that weekend for family reasons. I'm still down the 23rd tho. I'll See everyone that goes to the dyno meet there. Thanks anyway Mike and Kim for letting me stay there. I appreciate it.

AIM...BKapp17 98 T-red SVT Steeda Gutted Pre-cats, no resonator Painted Dash Angel Eye Fogs Painted Chrome ring / headlights Looking for a t-red pre98 trunk lid
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
updated 10/4/04

-Goonz - Black SVT
-brapple - Blue SE
-CueballSVT - Green SVT
-Elky - Silver SVT
-98 SE - Red SE
-SVT - Red Miata
-bpwu - Mystique
-hmouta - Black SVT
-zgendron - Red SVT
-ManchVegasSVT - Red SVT
-Cobra - Silver SVT
-cruises8 - Silver SVT
-robzride - Black SVT

Total:15

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
woh, haha never posted before but this is kinda neat just wondering....is there still room for one more car? i've been a fan of this site for years but never registered till just recently, always found plenty of info on the tours and stuff. well, i have a black 99 se that i would be bringing up and if things go well with the dealer maybe a silver frost 98 svt instead thanks

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
plenty of room on the roads. Of course you're welcome.
where are you from? post up in the Roll-Call thread if you haven't already.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
updated 10/4/04 (for the 3rd time today )

-Goonz - Black SVT
-brapple - Blue SE
-CueballSVT - Green SVT
-Elky - Silver SVT
-98 SE - Red SE
-SVT - Red Miata
-bpwu - Mystique
-hmouta - Black SVT
-zgendron - Red SVT
-ManchVegasSVT - Red SVT
-Cobra - Silver SVT
-cruises8 - Silver SVT
-robzride - Black SVT
-ronin45 - Black SE

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
hi kim,
i'm from weymouth, ma about 15 min south of boston

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
updated 10/4/04 (for the 3rd time today )

-Goonz - Black SVT
-brapple - Blue SE
-CueballSVT - Green SVT
-Elky - Silver SVT
-98 SE - Red SE
-SVT - Red Miata
-bpwu - Mystique
-hmouta - Black SVT
-zgendron - Red SVT
-ManchVegasSVT - Red SVT
-Cobra - Silver SVT
-cruises8 - Silver SVT
-robzride - Black SVT
-ron1n45 - Black SE

sorry, I typed Ray's s/n wrong my b wlcome aboard Ray!

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Even though my golf tournament was cancelled, I'm iffy on this one. I'm prepping the house for sale and need all the spare time I can muster. No firm decision yet though.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
ok, I will have a buddy of mine from school coming along

he is from Jersey and would like to see the fall colors

Mike and Kim like I said in pm I think we will be up around 9-10ish friday the 15th

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
just got in from a warm up drive for next weekend

took about an hour and drove some back roads around school

I so can't wait for this

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I'll go.

Make it idiotproof, and they'll make better idiots.
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Apologies for making Goonz adjust the list yet again, but I'm going to have to back out of the meet. My Dad passed away suddenly and there's just a mountain of stuff to take care of, including Mom.

I'll keep lurking on the list and hope to meet y'all at another event.

Po

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
oh no!, I'm sorry to hear dude If theres anything we can do to help, just let us know. We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
as of October 9th 5:37pm

-Goonz - Black SVT
-brapple - Blue SE
-CueballSVT - Green SVT
-Elky - Silver SVT
-98 SE - Red SE
-SVT - Red Miata
-hmouta - Black SVT
-zgendron - Red SVT
-ManchVegasSVT - Red SVT
-Cobra - Silver SVT
-cruises8 - Silver SVT
-robzride - Black SVT
-ron1n45 - Black SE
-Taynar - ..?..

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
as of October 9th 5:37pm

-Goonz - Black SVT
-brapple - Blue SE
-CueballSVT - Green SVT
-Elky - Silver SVT
-98 SE - Red SE
-SVT - Red Miata
-hmouta - Black SVT
-zgendron - Red SVT
-ManchVegasSVT - Red SVT
-Cobra - Silver SVT
-cruises8 - Silver SVT
-robzride - Black SVT
-ron1n45 - Black SE
-Taynar - Silver SE

J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
there's been a change of plans for me, I'll still be attending, but driving myself and a friend. I'll just have to lurk at the end of the line of cars so my truck isn't in the way of everyone trying to have fun on the roads.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
my friend isn't certain if he is going to go or not

the gf said it was fine and now is like no since she is having friends up from home and wants him around, will have to see

i will be there either way

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
Jay, you could always catch a ride in someone's 'tour if you don't want to trail behind in the truck.
It's up to you.

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
Just reserved us a group tour at lost river.
I called out of curiosity to see if they required a reservation and they said it helps them as far as having a tour guide ready, so I'm glad I did it.
We pay when we get there. It's $8.50 per person.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Just reserved us a group tour at lost river.
I called out of curiosity to see if they required a reservation and they said it helps them as far as having a tour guide ready, so I'm glad I did it.
We pay when we get there. It's $8.50 per person.

Do they take credit cards?

Just trying to guage how much cash I should bring.

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
I will find out.
I sent them an email.

J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Whats Lost River?

me = dummy

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
go back a couple pages, there was a link posted.
It's a place with natural cave formations and stuff like that you can tour around.
We figured it'd be a nice spot to continue on with enjoyment of New England after our scenic cruise.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Kim, I was wondering if we should bring anything special, like I know a jacket cause its gonna be chilly. My friend with the 2.5 has the 2 way radio so both of us will be in contact incase we lose eachother, but do you have suggestions on preparing for the trip?

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
Lost river takes credit cards for admission, Matt

Haroon
I'll have to get back to you on a more detailed answer on that.
2-ways and a jacket are definitely good.
some cash, a camera for pictures, and if you're crazy like elky, a change of clothes in case you go for a dip
also tire pressure check, fluid level checks and a full tank of gas come to mind right now.
Anyone else think of anything, feel free to chime in.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
and if you're crazy like elky, a change of clothes in case you go for a dip

lordy lord! I just got passed my cold that I had all weekend, no way I'm goin for a dip

J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
It's a place with natural cave formations and stuff like that you can tour around.

Oh yea, I remember reading that before. Sorry, I was having a problem with my brain. I think it might have been from the keg party saturday night.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by JSmith:

Oh yea, I remember reading that before. Sorry, I was having a problem with my brain. I think it might have been from the keg party saturday night.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Well, it looks as though I will be there, but Karen will not be able to make it. My nephew who is 15 will be coming with me.

Steve Help Support MS research 2003 SAAB 9-3 Vector 2002 Explorer Limited Former cars '98 T-Red SVT and 2000 Silver Frost SVT
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
t minus 2 days left! wicked pumped .. to all in the nashua manchester area people, are you all going in a group? cause I was thinking maybe we can meet up somewhere in manchester and then go as a mini pack..maybe..? I don't even know what roads you all are taking

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
t minus 2 days left! wicked pumped .. to all in the nashua manchester area people, are you all going in a group? cause I was thinking maybe we can meet up somewhere in manchester and then go as a mini pack..maybe..? I don't even know what roads you all are taking

I haven't had time to get pumped ... had a final exam tuesday and another tomorrow afternoon (thursday). This meet is my end-of-term reward

Same goes to anybody traveling up 395/290 or 146. It'd be nice to go together. Any CT people not going the day before? Ryan?

I still have the crappy old leaky tires on my front wheels, and am actually unsure if I will be able to get new ones (the brand I hoped at least) before the meet. No time to price them out and order my size, so I'm at the will of the stores when I walk in for tires Friday morning!! If no go, then I'll be rolling those curves slowly on crappy leaky tires

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
aww man..the weather is looking poop for the weekend

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
aww man..the weather is looking poop for the weekend

no it doesn't, weather.com says 30% chance, that really about 10 to 15%, weather is going to be fine, now friday night on the other hand

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
at this point I just don't care about what the weather report.
They're so damn wrong all the time ( they've ruined a good number of weekend plans for me this past summer).
We've been through a misty fall meet before and it turned out spectacular. We'll have just as much fun this year too.
Just gotta make your own fun when the sun isn't shining.
Besides, this was the best day we could get a majority of us together, so we definitely gotta make the best of it.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

Besides, this was the best day we could get a majority of us together, so we definitely gotta make the best of it.

but of course knowing this group

i think we are some of the only people that can make painting interesting

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I remember there was a time when some group was studying the effects of weather patterns and why rain seems to happen most often over the weekends. They were trying to link it to smog created by people's daily commutes, or something to that effect. I don't know the outcome of the study, but it sure seems like it rains a lot more often over the weekends.

At least it's going to be warmer than the Applefest '02 meet I'll gladly take rain if it means we don't freeze!

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
just to clear it up, we're meeting saturday morning between 10 - 10:30 at the NH Liquor Store Parking lot..gonna hafta get up early for this one

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by cruises8:
Well, it looks as though I will be there, but Karen will not be able to make it. My nephew who is 15 will be coming with me.

Sorry I'll be missing out on this one, guys! Catch you next time!

About the weather- it's always different in the mountains. It can call for rain in Manchester, yet it's beautiful in the mountains. That's what happened to us when Steve and I went up there over the summer. So, you never know! It'll probably be absolutely perfect!

Have fun (like I have to tell you all that)!

Karen 2002 Ford Explorer Limited 2003 SAAB 9-3 Vector Former owner: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Contour
F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
just to clear it up, we're meeting saturday morning between 10 - 10:30 at the NH Liquor Store Parking lot..gonna hafta get up early for this one

yep
try to be there as close to 10 as you can.
you'll see the lot soon after you pass through the tolls.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
can't wait, can't wait, can't wait

got another little something done with the car also tonight ...

I think it looks good

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
and what is that little somthing??

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

Brian's always preparing little surprise mods to show off at the NECEG meets... haha

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
anyone need a cell phone number to contact us at, send me a pm and I'll shoot that out to ya

I'm pretty excited as well.
I've had a really crappy week at work, working 12 hour days.
I need some fun!

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

Brian's always preparing little surprise mods to show off at the NECEG meets... haha

nothing big this time, just just deals with some silver ...

I was about to say I had the small little mod of a new car last year, but the first thing I took the new car to was FFW in August

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
well the weather is looking good so far I'm planing on getting home, wash the car during breaks of rain and garage it for the night I'll hafta park the lexus out for that but oh well, then at night, let the detailing begin I'm excited to see ya'll for the first time

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
well the weather is looking good so far I'm planing on getting home, wash the car during breaks of rain and garage it for the night I'll hafta park the lexus out for that but oh well, then at night, let the detailing begin I'm excited to see ya'll for the first time

aww
haven't had a chance to clean up my car yet. It should be ok, although I think the windows probably need a quick cleaning for clear views.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
havent cleaned my car since FFW.
but then again it hasn't left tha garage since i moved it here, except for the tasca show.

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by ElKy:
havent cleaned my car since FFW.
but then again it hasn't left tha garage since i moved it here, except for the tasca show.

you didn't clean it even a tiny bit for tasca?

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
it didnt really need a cleaning.
i just quick detailed it and it was good to go.

J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
I cleaned the carpet in my truck 3 times with the carpet cleaner then the water stopped comming out black and turned a dark brown so I figured that would be enough.

Oh, yea, now that I have my modualr exhaust system should I put the loud one on or the authoritive yet civilized one? Let me know soon cuz I have to leave in a little bit.

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
doesn't matter to me
whatever you think you're able to put up with for a long drive.

J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
i'll suprise ya.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hey Guys,

Looks like I've got to bail on this one. Last night my best friend discovered her long term boyfriend cheating on her. Needless to say it's going to be an incredibly drunk night. I asked if she'd be interested in going, but she didn't want to.

Yeah, the word marriage was passed around a few times too.

Good news is I always thought she could do alot better.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
will be leaving soon, just waiting on work from Hugo and Jay

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by zgendron:

Looks like I've got to bail on this one. Last night my best friend discovered her long term boyfriend cheating on her. Needless to say it's going to be an incredibly drunk night. I asked if she'd be interested in going, but she didn't want to.

hey be careful of the rebounding girl that's mourning a long term relationship, especially when she's drunk. don't want to ruin a good friendship with a drunken night of...that's all I gotta say.
seriously though, best of luck to her. I think that's great that you're being there for her, although it seems like we haven't seen you in ages! I've been wanting to see you drive that lil red rocket.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Looks like I should be goin'... I may have to leave early though(not sure yet)......

Now I just gotta get up early and clean my baby, Cuz' unforetunately she has been neglected because I been workin' so much she hasn't gotten the TLC she deserves...

see y'all there

Keith P. Killed in action-4/27/06 '99 CSVT #2369/2760-7/28/99 New Recruit- 1998 EO CSVT # soon to come Black 106,xxx
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
well Jay and Hugo are on there way already and I am headin out now

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
well Jay and Hugo are on there way already and I am headin out now

Gods Speed

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Guys I'm going to have to be easy on my car during the fun rides. Just got new tires today, and they noted my left side stabilizer link is loose/worn. On top of this my brake fluid was so low that my e-brake light came on driving home from that ... probably a slow leak (I filled the brake fluid right before the CT meet in the spring because it was low then too) but there is really no time to fix whatever might be wrong on both issues.

Accursed final exams ... usurping all my time and leaving lots of last-minute fixes before this meet my car will be filthy inside and out as well, since it spent the day at Sears today.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
!!!!!!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!!!!

sorry all, but now you gotta count me out... Somethin' came up and I gotta head to NYC tomorrow for the rest of the weekend.....
hope to see you all at the next meet. Hope everyone has fun tomorrow.

wish I could be there with ya, but I'll be on a little ride of my own....

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
updated 10/15/04

FINAL (hopefully)

-Goonz - Black SVT
-brapple - Blue SE
-CueballSVT - Green SVT
-Elky - Silver SVT
-98 SE - Red SE
-SVT - Red Miata
-bpwu - Mystique
-hmouta - Black SVT
-Cobra - Silver SVT
-cruises8 - Silver SVT
-robzride - Black SVT
-Goonz (friend) - Purple MX-6

Total:14<-----that number dropped oh well, the show must go on!!!

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
what channel are we setting the 2-ways to?

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
IIRC, 12 was the common NECEG one used in 2002.

So we went from 3 T-red SVTs to none? Aw

Last edited by 98 SE; 10/16/04 03:34 AM.
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
updated 10/15/04

FINAL (hopefully)

-Goonz - Black SVT
-brapple - Blue SE
-CueballSVT - Green SVT
-Elky - Silver SVT
-98 SE - Red SE
-SVT - Red Miata
-bpwu - Mystique
-hmouta - Black SVT
-Cobra - Silver SVT
-cruises8 - Silver SVT
-robzride - Black SVT

Total:12<-----that number dropped again!!

I can only be with you all till 2, hopefully by that time we'll be on our way to fall river, I'll end up turning on to I-93, theres a dinner at my hosue and I hafta be there, but for the most part I'll be with you guys, as you can see from the list most if my friends dropped out too oh well. See ya'll tommorow

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

Total:12<-----that number dropped again!!

13 - you've been forgetting JSmith

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I don't know if anyone is going to see this message before the meet begins, but my dad took a look at the RR brake drum again this morning and it's leaking a whooooole lot faster than as thought earlier. There's no way I'm taking this car to the meet.

Thankfully, he offered me his car for the day to take to the meet, so look for me in a black Subaru Forester instead.

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
hey that was nice of your dad, Matt.

haroon, you should be able to cut out at 2:00 no problem.
That was one of the reasons we ended the cruise in Lincoln too, so that anyone that needed to leave early could just hop on 93 and go south.

see you all there!

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
goin out now to see if my battery is dead.
then gonna chack the tire pressure.
then i am gonna roll her out front and prepare to depart.
woohoo

i am also leaving early, but most likely not until after the caves.

me likes spelunking!
haha

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard