Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
...submitted for your consideration:

Mike and I enjoyed a nice drive yesterday trying to map out a great route and activities/eats along the way.
Here's a rough agenda. Feel free to post up feedback.
This year is going to be a hike for some people, but hey, it's all about the cars, so why not have a bunch of driving.

October 16th, Saturday
10:00 meet up off I-93 North shortly after Hooksett tolls (75 cents) at the NH State Liquor store rest stop.
10:30 gather up and head north on 93 toward exit 24 Holderness
11:00ish arrive at exit 24. Short stint through main street, left onto Rt 113 - where the twisties and hills begin!
12:00ish Hour of twisties ends, arrive in Conway area. Stop at Mobil station to park and eat lunch. Subway located adjacent to Mobil. McD's up the road a bit as well.
1:00ish gather up and prepare for cruise on the Kancamagus Rt 112.
2:00ish arrive at end of scenic drive in Lincoln. Keep on 112 and head to Lost River for some cave exploration and all around goofing off.
4:00ish head back to Lincoln for some drinks and eats at the Common Man restaurantscroll down for Lincoln location
??:00 head home happy. For reference, the drive south from Lincoln to Manchester is about an hour.

Like I said, lots of driving, but the view is spectacular. Definitely worth it. The cars will love the fresh cool air.
I believe we put around 230 miles on the GL yesterday while plotting things out.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
sounds pretty good to me, I think I'm in

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
sounds like a good day

like I said before i plan on coming up that friday night to cut out some of my driving, would it be a problem if I stayed over sat night also? to split up some of the driving again

I so can't wait, the car is ready to go and its going to be fun with the low end power I picked up

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by brapple:
would it be a problem if I stayed over sat night also? to split up some of the driving again

well we get out like at what, 5ish. I dunno how far away you live from NH but I belive its still daylight at 5. Its up to you though, I wouldn't want to drive that long either, especially if ones comming alone. I'll prolly bring my friends.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by brapple:
would it be a problem if I stayed over sat night also? to split up some of the driving again

well we get out like at what, 5ish. I dunno how far away you live from NH but I belive its still daylight at 5. Its up to you though, I wouldn't want to drive that long either, especially if ones comming alone. I'll prolly bring my friends.

I live near 3 hours from from Mike and Kim so i want to break my driving up some, plus I have to get home to switch cars then drive an hour and a half back to school

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
P
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
P
sounds like a good run i got pulled over on the kangamagus<sp> during laconia on my bike with some friends we all got negligent drivin tickets and to go to court ended up costin close to 400 dollars and we could lose our license
if my car is on the road by then i might come up and meet some of you guys

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by packofqtips:
sounds like a good run i got pulled over on the kangamagus<sp> during laconia on my bike with some friends we all got negligent drivin tickets and to go to court ended up costin close to 400 dollars and we could lose our license
if my car is on the road by then i might come up and meet some of you guys

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Nice job Kim. There's a chance my golf 4 ball tournament will be cancelled due to lack of interest. If that's the case, I'll be joining you folks.

Doug 2006 Mercury Milan V6 Premier Dark Blue Pearl Former owner of a 2000 SVT Contour
F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by packofqtips:
i got pulled over on the kangamagus<sp> during laconia on my bike with some friends we all got negligent drivin tickets and to go to court ended up costin close to 400 dollars and we could lose our license

d'oh!

we did see one cop perched early on the kanc, but that was the only cop we saw all day.
I'm sure there will be enough tourist activity to slow us to the proper speed limit that day, at least on 112. 113 is where the fun is going to be. wee!

Brian, mi casa is uh your house and stuff.
We were pretty sure you'd stay the weekend.

We have more sleep space for more travelers if needed.
Hell we had a guy sleeping on a mattress on our kitchen floor the night of Mike's bachelor party, so there's plenty of room. lol

F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
I'd also like to just make a note that that is a very rough agenda.
We all know how we can get when it comes to stops and standing around outside of the cars chatting.
So obviously things are going to be more leisurely and less structured than the above.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard